Sunday, December 21, 2008

Just call me Betty

My gal friends from college and I always try to get together around Christmas and celebrate with each other. Sometimes we really do it up big, and other times we keep it a little more low-key. This year was a low-key year, but it did not disappoint!

We started out the weekend with food (of course!). We ate at Texas Roadhouse, then hit The Melting Pot for dessert.

Kendall, Amy, Chelley, & Angie

We had so much fun driving around, checking out lights, and singing at the top of our lungs! We all met in college as members of Redmen for Christ. It is an incredible blessing to have wonderful, Christian friends to spend time with. I love these gals so much!!!


After a relaxed evening of laughter and silliness and food and friendship, Amy, Angie, and I came back to my place for a slumber party. It's been a long time since we'd spent the night together and it was a blast!

Saturday morning, we got up and cooked a big, country breakfast in our pjs. It was cold outside, but warm and toasty inside where we had the bacon fryin' and the coffee brewin'.

Just call me Betty... Crocker, that is. I don't really love to cook, but I did this weekend! After our breakfast spread, we went on to bake sugar cookies, candy cane cookies, and a big dinner, too!

Here's our big breakfast spread (minus some of the food).
Yes, that's milk in a wine glass you see. I have a set of wine glasses that I love, but I don't drink wine. My solution? Drink milk in them for breakfast. I do it all the time. And it makes me happy... just like this precious time with my girls!

1 comment:

Angie said...

This makes my heart feel so good and warm. I can't wait to scap these pics!