Friday, June 26, 2009

God's Wisdom

The other night, as Chris and I were doing our daily Bible reading, we came across this verse:

Proverbs 30:16 -- There are three things that are never satisfied, Four never say, “Enough!”: The grave, The barren womb, The earth that is not satisfied with water— And the fire never says, “Enough!” (NKJV)



Never satisfied.

Barren womb.

Somedays, I feel like my "barren womb" cries out like a hungry baby that is never satisfied. No matter how I try, I can't stop thinking about the children I don't have. This is not every day, but that longing for a child is never far away. It is triggered by many things... some expected, some not.

And through it all, God understands what I am going through. He knows that a barren womb is never satisfied. The other night, I felt like that was recorded in the Good Book just for me. Just to remind me that God knows and that what I'm feeling is "normal".

I was made with this desire. God made me with this desire.

And it is not satisfied.

1 comment:

Donna said...

May God give you a peace in your heart while you wait. I do not know you but I will be lifting you up in prayer.