Friday, September 4, 2009

The Great Debate

The title of this post could refer to many things, but in this case, I'm referring to the debate surrounding whether or not Chris and I want to find out the sex of our baby before he/she is born. Neither one of us have a really strong opinion about this. We've been back and forth and back and forth about finding out, but I think we have finally decided.

We DO want to find out if our baby is a boy or girl before he/she is born!

We have several reasons that have swayed us in this direction.

Thing one: I don't really like the color yellow. Remember this post? As silly as this is (and maybe I shouldn't have made it Thing One) I've noticed that couples who do not know the sex of the baby ahead of time end up with a lot of yellow stuff. I just wouldn't be real thrilled with that, so it's motivating me to find out the baby's sex.

Thing two: We have waited and waited and waited for this baby. I'm tired of waiting to know whether my oldest child is a boy or a girl.

Thing three: We feel like we'll be able to bond more with the baby before he/she is born if we know if it's a he or she. I don't know if that's really true or not, but that's how we feel.

Thing four: I'm a planner. Enough said.

Thing five: As much as I liked the idea of being surprised in the delivery room, we'll be surprised on the day we find out, too. We just have to choose when we want the surprise... and we are choosing sooner rather than later.

One thing that we don't plan on doing, though, is announcing the baby's name before he/she is born. I really want to wait to "officially" name the baby until after he/she is born. Plus, it may take Chris and I that long to actually agree on a name anyway!

I have an appointment with my OB next week, so we may be able to find out if we have a son or daughter then! If so, I'll definitely keep everyone posted.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

YAY! I'm so glad you are going to find out.

Maybe we can sway you to tell us the name if you do decide? I said I was going to wait, too...though, you probably have more determination than I do.

Angie said...

I love "Thing Four."