Friday, March 11, 2011

Weekend Excitement

This past weekend, Chris and I took Brianna on a little exciting weekend adventure to Kansas to visit my grandparents.

We had a great time with Granny Tiger and Pappy! Brianna loves "grandpas" at church and tends to gravitate to older men. Pappy was no exception. She would run up to him, give him a big kiss and hug, then sit on his lap for 20 to 30 minutes at a time. That's a long time in Brianna's world :-).
Pappy taught Brianna all kinds of fun things! She loved watching and mimicking him... especially when he was making fun noises with his tongue. I love seeing them together.
What a lucky little girl to have great-grandparents to read her a story before bed!

What a priceless smile! She seriously loved being with them!

Brianna has a memo board in her room where I have hung photos of her with various people. The night we got home, she kept pointing at the memo board. I finally help her up to the board and she pointed right at a photo of her with Granny Tiger and Pappy! So cute!

It was wonderful to spend some valuable time with my grandparents and to watch them with my own daughter. Brianna is one of their many great-grandchildren, but that doesn't take away from their love for her. Priceless memories!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sounds like fun!