Friday, April 29, 2011

Oh yes, I did

. . . watch the Royal Wedding, that is.

And yes, I know we are all exhausted of hearing about it, but I couldn't help myself! I love the pomp, the tradition, the ceremony, the dress . . . it all fascinates me.

I set my alarm for 3:00am, and began watching as the guests arrived at Westminster Abbey. My sister, who lives on the east coast, was watching as well. We were sad that we were not able to watch together, so we discussed the high points via text as we watched in the wee hours of the morning :-). When we were younger, we had a magazine that had photos of the weddings of Prince Charles & Diana, as well as Prince Andrew & Sarah Ferguson. We loved that magazine. We wore it out looking at the photos over and over and over again. So, it's fitting that we both just had to watch this wedding!

As the guests arrived, I was struck at how beautiful and formal they all looked. I texted my sis that America could never pull off this sort of event because someone would wear flip-flops, haha! We just don't have the formality of the British.

I think my favorite hat of the day belonged to Victoria Beckham. How did she keep that on her head? And look at those heels she is wearing . . . the woman is pregnant!

Prince William certainly has his mother's grace. I think he has her looks as well (although my sister does not agree).

And the bride? She looked STUNNING. Her dress was gorgeous, elegant, and classy.

I loved how the couple of the day seemed to have beautiful, intimate moments like this one during their very public wedding. I sincerely hope that their marriage is able to stand stronger than other Royal marriages in recent years.

I guess I'll always love a good Cinderella story. *happy sigh*

7 comments:

Nicole @ Two and Two is 4 said...

Awesome recap!! I wasn't awake to see the actual wedding, buy I did see their first kiss on the balcony! And actually, it was kisses, there were 2!! Her dress is beautiful!!

Lisa said...

I still had to look at all the pictures and articles about it even after watching it all morning! I love fairy tale weddings!

Ms. Chianne said...

Thanks for the sweet comment! Your blog is adorable! :) Hope you have an awesome weekend!

Unknown said...

I didn't get up early to watch but I loved it too!!! I am such a sucker for this stuff!

Joy Lin said...

I did, too! But I didn't get up QUITE that early. I loved it, though!! And I agree, William got his mother's grace and looks. If there's one thing the British are good at, it's pomp and circumstance. Beautiful!

Cayce, Sara, and Lily said...

I'm still not sick of it. :D

the nichols' family said...

I watched the wedding too, and hope they last! They seem like such a sweet couple! :)