Monday, March 17, 2014

Luck O' The Irish

Happy St. Paddy's Day, everyone! We had a pretty normal day around here . . . with just a few fun little things thrown in for fun.

This morning, I served the kiddos green milk and Lucky Charms for breakfast. Brianna thought it was pretty great! She's always up for something fun and different.

In true Brenson fashion, he wasn't impressed at first. His face says it all in this photo :-).

But, it didn't take him long to decide that green milk was okay and maybe even *gasp* FUN!

Brianna had a shamrock shirt that she had gotten as a hand-me-down, and Brenson had this cute green sweater that we wore for the occasion.

As usual, I had to take a whole series of photos to get ONE good one of both Bs. Brianna isn't all that cooperative and honestly isn't all too photogenic either. Brenson on the other hand? The camera LOVES his face. He looked great in every single photo!

I have a shamrock shirt that I wear on St. Paddy's Day every year, so I had to get in on a photo, too.

We had a chiropractic appointment this morning, but did have a little time once we got home to do an activity. Today, we did a little painting with watercolors, then we used a toilet paper roll to "stamp" shamrocks.
Brianna enjoyed both stamping and painting the shamrocks, and I think she did a great job!

Concentrating hard . . .

Brenson preferred to only do the stamping which was fine with me.

He also did a good bit of fingerpainting with the watercolors :-).

His entire paper was covered with little green hearts once he was finished.

I asked him to hold up the toilet paper roll so I could show you all what it looked like on the end. I used a piece of tape across the top to hold it in this shape. Thanks, Pinterest :-). My user name is chellebellnel if you're interested in following along.

So, we didn't do anything too overly exciting around here, but I do love doing cute little activities with my littles to celebrate, well, everything :-).

Happy Monday!


3 comments:

Erin and Ryan said...

I love that idea with the stamp! What a fun St. Patricks day! :-)

Cassidy Adams said...

Chelley,
I loved the stamp as well! So CUTE! I'll have to remember that when Cam is old enough to paint:) I also love the green milk and lucky charms idea...gotta love pinterest;)
Happy St. Patty's!
Cassidy

Cheryl said...

Those shamrocks are CUTE! And, those kids are pretty cute too!