Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Weekend Happenings

As we're coming up on my favorite time of the year, I can't help but love every minute we're spending as a family outside playing, working, relaxing, or whatever! We have quite an extensive to-do list due to two little cuties that will be joining our family soon, but we took some time out for play this past weekend. 

The weather was amazing! We were definitely having weather that is more like October and less like September, but I'll take it! Especially right now when any type of heat drains me, you won't hear me complaining about cooler days. I spent Friday evening doing some necessary things around the house while Chris took the kids on an errand to pick up a small shed that he bought from a guy in a town about an hour from here. I LOVE my kids and I LOVE staying home with them, but it was SO NICE to have some time to myself on Friday evening. If I do have time to myself, I generally spend it with friends or running errands, but not this time. I stayed home and cleaned . . . and yes, I realize that doesn't sound overly exciting, but I turned the music up loud and just worked. It was great, actually! 

On Saturday, we did a few things around the house, then took the kiddos to a birthday party. A little girl named Savannah that we go to Miss Shelly's Preschool with turned four years old. Brianna was PUMPED about the party, but we all ended up having a good time. 

After we got to their house, Brianna immediately wanted snacks. And let me tell you, they had a GREAT assortment of snacks to choose from! It was a Frozen themed party, and Savannah's mom did an awesome job with the theme! 

There were about 10 party guests . . . all of them being 2, 3, and 4 year old girls EXCEPT for Brenson! The poor guy was the ONLY boy, but that's kind of the story of his life. ALL of the little kids at church are girls but him, as well. And granted, we don't go to a very big church, but still. There is not one other little boy under the age of 10! Someday, he may appreciate that, but for now he doesn't.

Part of the party guests (including the birthday girl) patiently waiting for the party surprise.

And what was the surprise? It was ELSA! There was MUCH excitement over this! I know Brianna looks sober in the photo, but she was thrilled!

Elsa taught all the girls how to curtsy.

Brenson, on the other hand, was not so thrilled. Ha! He certainly didn't want to go up to Elsa or hug her. But, I did carry him up to her to say hello.

He made sure to keep his head turned away from her to let us know that this was NOT his idea of a good time :-).

Elsa did all kinds of neat things with the kids. She read them a story, and they ate it up!

Of course, Brenson didn't want to sit with "the girls", so he chose to sit on Daddy's lap instead.

Then, Elsa had them do some coloring, followed by a small scavenger hunt. It was all a big hit!

I don't think there is one photo with all the guests because they kept running off in different directions. The party began outside, then moved inside, so many of the kiddos kept running back outside. However, here are part of the party guests with Elsa.

The one thing Brenson was impressed with? Cake, of course!!!

After eating cake, Bren pretty much begged to play outside, so we let him. Brianna was a much better party guest and sat and watched the birthday girl open presents, but Bren just wanted to be free!

He looked so cute and handsome that I couldn't resist snapping some photos of him.

Love his little dimply smile!

He looks so much bigger than 2 years old when we spike his hair like this. Kinda makes me a little sad . . .

I love my little guy!

The party ended with Elsa singing Let It Go with the guests, and Brianna for sure sang her heart out. I love her spunk! In the car on the way home, she was pretty hyped up on party excitement and sugar. Can you tell, haha???

Sunday was a super busy day for us . . . we were gone from 9am to 8pm with church, lunch, going to my sister's house so Chris could help her husband with some home repairs, back to church, an after church packing party to prepare for our food give-away this weekend, then dinner. I was EXHAUSTED when we got home! But, it was a good day of worship and work. I hope you all had a great weekend, too!


2 comments:

Johannah Sirois said...

We had a frozen birthday party this weekend too...but Elsa didn't show up at ours ;) Sounds like you had a great weekend!!

Robbie said...

Love this! Just curious, are you guys finding out the babies genders?