Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's been a while since I've just been able to write about our weekend, but I'm taking the opportunity today! This past weekend, we had a rare Saturday without plans. We make effort to have more of these types of Saturdays than ones where we are really busy, but we've been failing lately. So, it was so nice to be able to just be at home and work around the house.

Before the girls were born, I made several batches of freezer meals for us. I think I ended up with close to 20 meals, and it has truly been so wonderful to have them. On days when the girls were being a little more high maintenance (especially when they were younger), we wouldn't have had a decent evening meal without the freezer meals. Anyway, so we ran out of freezer meals a while back. and I have been wanting to make more. I was finally able to get several made on Saturday to have for the future. Yay!

While I was in the kitchen cooking meals, Chris was outside mowing and doing yardwork. Our grass had gotten higher than he would normally let it get, so he had to rake the yard after he finished mowing. I looked out the kitchen window and saw this:

I thought it was just precious how Bren was out there with his own little rake just working away :-).

When I went outside to take pictures of Bren working alongside his Daddy, I saw Brianna also doing her part to help:

It made my heart feel good to see them both working hard.

They all stayed out there until the job was done.

After lunch and naptime, Chris decided to blow up our inflatable pool for the first time this summer. Yes, I realize it's the middle of July! We've had so much rain this year that it hasn't been until the past few weeks that blowing up the pool was even sensible.

We let the babies try out the water for the first time. It was a hit!

Brenson and Brianna were thrilled to get to play in the water!

So excited!


Brooke had a big time in the water!

Just look at that face! We have another water bug on our hands :-).

Brecklyn was less impressed at first than Brooke, but it always takes her a while to warm up to things.

She did end up enjoying it, but I'm not sure she liked it as well as all of her siblings did.

Maybe it will continue to grow on her? And, maybe not. That's okay, too!

The kids really wanted me to get in with them, so I did! I feel like (simply because I'm so busy with four littles and keeping the house and all that entails) that I don't play with them as much as I should . . . Certainly not as much as they would like me to. It was really great to get in the pool and relax a bit.

Chris got in, too, and while there was plenty of room for all of us, we overflowed the pool above the fill line. Ha! We're getting pretty good at out Family of Six selfies :-).

We have a gorgeous Crepe Myrtle bush in our side yard. Every year when it blooms, I just can't get enough of it. It's also very special to me because my aunt who died from cancer in 2009 helped plant it there for us. So, Sunday morning, I made sure we were all up and ready for church early so that we had time to take some photos in front of the bush.

My big girl is so grown up these days.

She's noticeably grown and matured in the last few months.

The joy she brings to our family is indescribable. This photo really captures the essence of her pretty well, ha!

Love this little lady!

Bren is also growing up so fast.

My little baby boy is gone. *tear*

He has such a sweet heart. I pray he'll keep it always.

Although he can be very serious, he's just in the last few months really begun to embrace his silly side, as well. I so enjoy seeing this side of him!

My precious Bigs . . . so, so thankful to have them!

And, of course, my four little loves . . .

We are incredibly blessed!

Low-key weekends just may be my favorite. This is such a beautiful season of our lives. 



No comments: