Saturday, December 10, 2016

A Gift for Granny Tiger

My Granny Tiger's birthday is this month. A couple years ago when she turned 80 (2014), we had a little gathering for her at my Mom's house. This year, my aunt Cindy decided to put together a book for her. She (my aunt) asked each of us to write or make something special for the book, then email it to her. She and her husband put everything together in a book as a birthday gift for Granny.

I put a lot of thought and effort into writing a special love letter to my Granny. In addition to that, I helped each of the children make a little something for her, too. Since my aunt only wanted electronic copies of everything, I still have the physical copies of the things we put together as our contribution to her book. This isn't something I really want to keep, but then again, I do. I decided I would take photos of the pages and post them here. That way, I still have them but they aren't cluttering up my house!

Here is what I made for my Granny's book:

Brianna and I used spray ink and stickers to make her page. Then, she wrote a sweet little note on it!

After he saw Brianna using the spray ink, Bren wanted to do the same. He also made a little heart out of his side hand print.

For the twins, I decided to continue the trend of using the spray ink. I added their hand prints to make this cute little keepsake.

My aunt didn't give us a lot of time to put something together, so I was happy with what I came up with for the time I had. And of course, I'm always thankful for my Granny!


No comments: