Friday, November 18, 2016

Family Photo Shoot, November 2016

Each year in the fall, I try to have family photos taken of us. Our family has changed so much over the past seven years that it's been really important to me to have family pics done at least once a year. We have missed a year or so along the way (like when I was pregnant with the twins), but I know I'll cherish these photos for years to come, so I try to make it happen. 

My friend, Tia, and I had talked several times about her doing a family photo session for us, so this year I asked her if she would be our photographer. She kindly agreed, and we set our session date for Thursday, November 10th. We were hoping to have some great fall foliage, but the trees hadn't quite changed yet (we had a super warm fall, so the foliage wasn't at it's peak color until the last week of November). I had decided I wanted to take photos in our neighborhood - down by our neighborhood pond - so the scenery was still really beautiful. 

Preparing a family of six for a photo session is quite an undertaking. Between coordinating outfits, making sure everyone is clean, groomed, and dressed, and getting everyone in poses, it is a workout! Getting four children age six and under to pose and smile at the same time is just NOT easy. And this particular session? It felt like it didn't go well AT ALL. The kids were a MESS . . . no one wanted to stand still, look at the camera, smile, etc. Even Brenson - the one I can usually depend on to stand nicely and smile - was being a total pain this day. He was in a tizzy because I had put a plain red tshirt under his button-up shirt, and the tshirt belonged to Brianna. He did not want to wear a "girl's shirt" even though it was just a plain red tshirt! I had very little hope that we got any good shots at all, but the thought of trying again was too overwhelming. I had just decided that we'd be happy with whatever pics we got. After all, this is the season of life we're in!

Then, I previewed our session and was pleasantly surprised! The photos aren't all perfect for sure, but there are several that I really love. Tia did a great job capturing our family, and I'm so grateful for her willingness to do the session for us. This session is truly real life captured!

1

2

3 (haha . . . I obviously wasn't ready for this one!)

4

5

6

7 (we have several photos of the back of Brecklyn's head)

8

9

10 (See? There it is again.)

11 (This one is my favorite!)

12

13

14



15

16

17

18

19

20

21 (Can you see what I mean about getting four kids to sit still, look at the camera, and smile? I mean, forget smiling . . . I don't think we even got one where they're all looking!)

22

23

24

25 (I'm not sure what's up with Bren's hands on his hips?)

26 (Bren was such a mess this day . . . )

27

28

29

30

31 (Sidenote about these outfits . . . When I bought them, I thought they were tunic tops. I didn't realize until the day before the session that they were actually shorts. At that point it was too late to find something new, so I just went with it!)

32

33

34

35

36 (As you can see, Brianna did great.)

37

38

39

40

41

42

43

44

45

46 (Finally, a real smile!)

47

48

49

50 (This is just a mess, haha!)

51

52


53 (And this too . . . Can you tell we were about worn out from this?!?)

54

55

56

57

58

59

60 (Another favorite of mine)

61

62

63

64

65

66

67 (These are better of Bren!)

68

69

70

71

72

73

74 (Sweet Brecklyn)

75

76

77

78 (She did not like being sat down in the grass!)

79

80

81

82

83

84

85 (Brooke was Miss Photogenic when it came to her individual pics.)

86

87

88

89

90

91 (Such a sweet pic!)

92

93

94

95

96

Even though many of these are less than perfect, I know they'll make me smile when I look back on them in years to come!




No comments: