Sunday, June 4, 2017

Shattered

I should be writing my 16 week pregnancy update right now, but I am truly at a loss for the right words in this moment as my heart is overwhelmed. We learned this week that our precious gift - our unborn baby we love so much - has passed away just shy of 16 weeks gestation. We are all devastated, and there are many things about this that we just can't understand. 

However, we do know that we have a good, faithful Father who loves us the same as He did yesterday and as He will tomorrow. We know He will carry us as we attempt to navigate the waters of loss and grief. We know that without Him, this would be impossible. We praise Him as the giver of life and healing and peace.



Thank you for your prayers and respect at this time as we process, grieve, and attempt to put one foot in front of the other. 




12 comments:

Elaine said...

I am absolutely heartbroken for you and your family. Many prayers as you navigate this road.

Unknown said...

Holding you in prayer.

Mrs. Hounshell said...

Praying for you and your sweet little family. I am so very sorry for your loss.

MyRoseAmongThorns said...

I am so, so sorry to read this. Thinking of you.

Lovers said...

All of you are in my thoughts. My heart is aching for you and your loves.

Alyssa

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss.
-Diane

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss, and for the loss your children and husband are suffering. I hope you can take time to be kind to yourself, as I'm sure you're also dealing with mending tiny hearts all around you. Bless you, mama!

JoJo said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hope your family finds comfort during this difficult time.

Charlotte said...

Chelley,
I am so very sorry. You have been on my mind the past several days, and lots of prayers are being said for you and your precious family. God is so good, I know He is with you right now, carrying you through this. Lots of love.

Erin and Ryan said...

So sorry to read this - praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I followed your blog for years, recently I haven't had time to read blogs like I used to. This past week, I felt a tremendously strong spiritual burden to pray for you, not knowing why.

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Your Heavenly Father loves you more than you could possibly comprehend. Praying for you in Virginia.

Elaine said...

Thinking of you and your family often. Praying for you all in this time.