Wednesday, January 31, 2018

January Round-Up

I've decided that this year I'm going to try something new on my blog. At the end of each month, I plan to publish a post containing small and random things that have filled our days that month. I'm hoping that by doing this, I can capture a fun snapshot of our day-to-day life, since my blogging has become almost exclusively "significant" life happenings. This is my first "Round-UP" post for the year!


Brianna was student of the week in her class at the beginning of the month. I enjoyed seeing what things she chose to share about herself with her class.


Each day she shared something different about herself. I really enjoyed these photos her teacher took of her sharing. 

She loves speaking in front of her class, and isn't intimidated a bit by it!

The same week that Brianna was student of the week in her class, Brenson's class hosted Rise & Shine. That meant that he got to speak on the microphone in front of the entire school.

This photo is an accurate representation of a kindergarten class in front of the whole school. I'm pretty sure one kid has his finger in his nose :-).

We go to Rise & Shine with the children about once a week, and Brooke and Brecklyn love it. They always get LOTS of attention from the 2nd grade girls who all want to hug and hold them. 

A few Saturdays ago, Daddy had an all-morning meeting at church. We took the opportunity to work through a Kiwi Crate about Rainbow Optics. Our friends have a Kiwi Crate subscription (if you don't know, it's a fun little science kit that is delivered to your door each month for a small fee), and have given us a few of their boxes. 

The big kids had a great time working through the activities and exploring light.




We also tried our hand at growing crystals, but we were minimally successful.


Of course, while I was working with the Big Kids, I gave the Littles an activity of their own. I don't have any pics of them working, but I do have pics of them a few days later after making a yogurt disaster while eating.

Brecklyn


Brooke (classic Brooke look when she knows she's been a stinker :-)


The little girls have been really getting into dress-up lately. Brianna loved dress-up when she was a toddler (still does, actually), but the twins haven't really embraced it much yet. I love that they are starting to like it more, and it's so fun watching them interact with each other. I have moments all the time where I just sit back and watch them together. I'm so very grateful for the opportunity to be a twin mom!

Brooke, Brecklyn




I recently passed down some dress-up clothes that were Brenson's that he can't fit anymore. They have both enjoyed those outfits!

Dr. Brecklyn

Cowgirl Brooke

Brooke - watching TV in her princess dress 💜

Brenson has never been one to enjoy dressing up. In fact, he wouldn't touch this cape and eye mask for years after Aunt Lisa made it for him. However, his class took a field trip this month to a concert, and they were asked to dress like a superhero. This is the outfit he put together, and I was happily surprised that he actually wore it!



After having the Bigs home for two weeks for Christmas break, it was a bit of an adjustment to get used to them being gone all day again. The twins love playing with their older siblings, and they really missed them those first few days, especially!

Brecklyn, Brianna, Brooke

Brooke, Brecklyn, Brenson

However, after being back in school for just a couple weeks, Brianna and Brenson got a day off for MLK Day. We invited our LeFlore friends over for a play date and had a great time!

Julia, Bren, Brianna, Annie, Brooke, Brecklyn, Jack, Caroline

I just love this table full of cuties!

Just in the last week or so, we've had some really beautiful weather. It seems like we always have a little January heat wave before it turns cold again. The kids have loved being outside while the weather has been nice!

I bought these ribbon wands clearanced at Wal-mart for less than a dollar. My kids have gotten a ton of use out of them!


Brenson has always loved the outdoors and will play outside for hours and hours. He cracks me up going from thing to thing to thing!

Of course, if Daddy has a project going, Bren is right there by his side lending a hand!


Trying to shoot the birds . . . thankfully he was unsuccessful!

Chris had this cap gun as a kid, and Bren thinks it's fantastic!

The boy is forever hammering something!

As much as my kids love to play outside, that's not always possible during the winter. One of their favorite indoor activities is reading books. I love that my kids love to read! 

Brooke reading in the pick-up line

Brecklyn reading in the pick-up line

Bren reading before bed

Brianna reading in bed 

The twins getting cozy by the fire with their books

One of the reasons I think my kids love to read so much is because I've always taken them to the library on a weekly basis. Every year around this time, our library does a "Books U Love" campaign where they take a photo of patrons holding their favorite books and hang the photos up in the library. 

Brecklyn chose "Gobble, Gobble MOOOOOO" this year.

Brooke chose "Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes".

And I chose "David Copperfield".

January has been a good month!


No comments: