Tuesday, May 1, 2018

April Round-Up!

Happy May! I noticed I didn't have a lot of photos for my April round-up, but I want to post the few I have. Of course, few is a relative term :-). 

On the first Tuesday of every month, we have Lego Club at our local library. We pick the big kids up from school, go straight to guitar lessons for Brenson, then directly to Lego Club after that. We are typically a few minutes late, but the kids hate to miss it. I love seeing the kids' creations and listening to them share about what they built. 

Brenson sharing his creation

Chloe Jo and Brianna typically work as a team, and Chloe shares at the end.

I posted about this last month, but Brecklyn is building and sharing now, too.

This month, Brooke decided to join in on the sharing :-).

The second weekend of this month, we had a lectureship at church. The whole thing was preached by our members, which was really neat. We had a very unusual cold snap and SNOW that weekend. There was little accumulation, but the air was bitter cold! We sure weren't expecting that!

Chloe Jo's 9th birthday fell during the teacher walk-out, which worked out kind of nice. We were able to meet her and Lisa at Wheels and Thrills for some skating and play. Chris worked from home that day, so he kept the little girls home with him.

These two were a mess on skates, but had a great time!

Brenson raced around and around the skating floor, and even skated for a while with a boy that is in his grade at his school.

Bren's guitar was in the trunk of the car because he had guitar lessons that afternoon. Before we left Wheels and Thrills, he sat down on the curb and played Chloe a birthday song. So funny!

Happy birthday, Chloe Jo!!!

One afternoon, Brooke was playing with her remote control Minnie plane. She was being kind of crazy with it, and I kept warning her that she was going to get it caught in her hair. This is what happens when you aren't a very good listener . . .

After moving into our house in October of 2016, we purchased a new washer and dryer only to find out the washer had been recalled. We went through all the trouble of returning the first washer and having it replaced, and now we're having trouble with the second washer! It's not a cheap washer, and we've only had it 18 months . . . SO frustrating! We're not sure yet what we're going to do about the situation because repairing it will cost almost as much as the washer costs new. In the meantime, we've spent a few evening at the laundromat. The kids think this is great fun, but I do not agree!!!

Every year around Easter, we try to go visit Chris's parents. This year, it was a few weekends after Easter, but we did go for a visit. It was an extra tough visit, though, because Chris's grandma isn't doing well at all. She'd declined rapidly in the few weeks since we'd seen her last, and is completely non-verbal now. It's so hard to watch someone you love decline like this :-(. I do think she's pretty aware of what is going on around her, and I'm sure her face lit up when she saw Chris. She squeezed his hand several times, too. We had Bren play her a song on one of Papa's guitars, and she smiled a bit while he was playing. It was a sweet, sweet moment. 

Of course, the kids love being outside at Meme and Papa's house. The tire swing is always a big hit!


Chris took Brenson around back and taught him how to shoot a target. Bren loved this!


He was extremely careful and aware, and I was proud of him for how seriously he took the whole thing!

Brianna's piano teacher, Mr. J, comes to our house on Monday afternoons for her lessons. He keeps mentioning to us that Monday evening is 1/2 price burger night at a local diner downtown called Boomerang. We finally decided to try it out a few Mondays ago. It wasn't the smoothest dinner we've ever had (lots of spills, a tantrum, etc), but we enjoyed ourselves anyhow.

We were thrilled when Brianna was awarded top reader in her class for Top Reader Tuesday. Yay, Brianna!

One Friday Chris had taken off work, so I picked Brianna up from school and the two of us went for pedicures. She was excited! 

They charge me $5 to do her toenails . . . worth every penny!

I cherish this special time with my girl!

And hooray for pretty toes!

We attended my friend Angie's little class again this month. Our friend, Sadie, was there too!

The little girls are especially loving these classes!

The kids made bird feeders and learned about Earth Day.

Brenson met a big reading goal this month when he reached the AR 25 point club. This is a pretty significant accomplishment for a Kindergartener . . . now if I could only teach him to take a decent picture, haha!

Much better!

Someone mailed us some stuff in this big Wal-mart box, and of course the girls enjoyed the box almost more than its contents. I laughed and laughed one day when I looked over and saw that the box was growing hair! Of course, curly hair means it must be Brooke hiding out inside there.

Sometimes I'll buy the twins clothes from a "twin" resale site on Facebook. Almost everything my girls wear is hand-me-downs (either stuff I saved from Brianna or clothes from my friend, Kendall), but people sell a lot of boutique brand clothing on this site, so I enjoy finding them an outfit every now and then. I adore the dresses in the photo below that I purchased from said site. One of the fabrics has little umbrellas on it, so they're just perfect for Spring! 

Cuties!!!

Finally, the twins' Bible class teacher shared these super sweet photos of the girls with me. They were praying in class . . . seriously SO precious!

Brooke

Brecklyn

And that's all for this month!



No comments: