Friday, October 19, 2018

Family Photo Session, October 2018

Family photos are one of those things that I dread having done but always cherish. I always know I'll be glad we had them taken, but that doesn't always motivate me to make it happen, haha. It's just SO exhausting, especially when 2/3 of the family are little children :-).

Because of the reasons above, it's been a while since we've had family photos done. I think two years? So this year, I knew I needed to get on it and schedule a session.

I decided to schedule a session with a photographer that we've never used before. She's the mom of a student in Brenson's class this year (and last year), and when I looked through her portfolio I really liked her work. She was doing 30 minute sessions at a barn just down the road from our house a few weeks ago, so I jumped on the opportunity.

I'll just go ahead and say that these photos aren't my favorite. Our poor photographer had her work cut out for her! The wind was blowing something crazy during our session, which meant hair and dust was in everyone's eyes and the kids were totally distracted. I was frustrated with the wind, and I knew as soon as the session was over that I probably wouldn't love the photos. I am, however, grateful that we had them done!

I think this is a beautiful photo with the way the sunlight was coming through.

My hair :-(

This was about the best we could do for smiles from Brooke and Brecklyn. *Sigh*

Even Brianna was struggling with her smile this day.

And this little guy? Well, he was just be completely uncooperative. Argh.


You can really see in this photo how the wind was causing us problems. The outfits the girls had on were so cute, but those ruffle collars would not stay down. 

This one is pretty cute.

And this one is my favorite. I actually love this one . . . Real life, right there!

I like this one really well, too.

💓

Photos of peoples' backsides are not my favorite thing, although I know they are popular right now. However, the lighting and color in this photo is just beautiful. 


Someone please tell me that family photos will get easier someday! I mean, the wind was totally out of anyone's control, but the fake smiles and craziness from the kids won't last forever, right? Please tell me I'm right, haha!

No comments: