Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Brianna's 9th Birthday!

The last few years, Brianna's birthday has fallen during a break from school. I don't think she's been in school on her birthday since she was in Kindergarten, and this year was the same. The kids were out on her birthday (which was a Monday) for President's Day. 

Since the other kids were all sick on their birthdays this year, I was afraid Brianna would have her turn with it on her birthday weekend. Thankfully, she stayed well, and we were able to do most of what we had planned for her! 

On Friday night, we went out to a hibachi grill. This is something all the kids (and adults) really enjoy, but it's not something we do often because it's on the more expensive side for family dining. However, the kids all wanted to go out for hibachi for their birthdays, so we did!

Ready for some good food!

Brooke and Brecklyn were ready to get their grub on!

Daddy and the big kids were, too!

I love how my kids are not too picky about food and are willing to try new things. Brooke thought the soup was delicious!

And, of course, they all wanted to eat with chopsticks!



Chris let one of the staff members know that we were celebrating all our February babies that evening. They came out banging a gong, singing a song, and carrying treats! The big kids even wore dragon headpieces!

Brooke was so happy to get a treat, too!

Just look at their faces!

There was one other middle aged couple sitting with us at our table, and when they first walked in I felt kind of sorry for them. I know if I were out with my husband for dinner, I wouldn't want to be seated with a family with four littles. However, they were super sweet, and said they really enjoyed watching our family and our kids. When the kids all got birthday treats, they asked me which one was actually celebrating a birthday. People are always so surprised when I tell them that all our four of our kids were born in the same month! As they were leaving, the couple said it was a pleasure eating with us and that our kids were "perfectly behaved". It's certainly not true all the time, but I was so thankful we didn't have any issues that night and that they enjoyed sitting with us!

I made sure to have the fireplace all decorated for Brianna that weekend, and I thought it turned out really cute. Brianna had the fewest gifts because we did the most in her room, but I made sure she still had a few little things to open.

Bri decided that since all the other kids opened their gifts before their birthday, she wanted to do the same. That was fine by us, so Saturday morning that's what we did!

So big!

One clue that our girl is growing up is that she read her cards before opening her gifts!


Brianna is always fun to give gifts to because she's genuinely excited, no matter how big or small the present is!




Brianna requested that we go back to the skating rink that afternoon as her special activity. I invited Lisa to bring Chloe Jo, and we had a fun afternoon skating!

This time, Chris and I both joined the kids on skates. I had forgotten how much fun skating is!

Brianna loved skating with me!

Chris and I even held hands while skating a few laps. Skating is one of the very few "athletic" type things that I do better than Chris (and I was eating it up, haha!)

The little girls and Brenson all fizzled out pretty quickly this time, but we stayed and let CJ and Brianna skate for quite a while after everyone else was finished. Then, we headed back to our house for some cupcakes!

The birthday girl had picked out these mermaid cupcakes the night before, and she was all smiles while we were singing to her!


Getting ready to blow that candle out!


Bri and I took CJ home shortly after cupcakes, then I took Bren to a birthday party for one of his classmates that evening. Chris stayed home with all the girls and played games.

On Monday - Brianna's actual birthday - I did a little photo shoot of my big nine year old! Like I said above, the kids were out of school this day, and Chris took the day off work.

So cute!

Love this girl!

After photos, Brianna asked to play a game of Life. I love playing Life, so I was happy to oblige.

We went to El Azteca for lunch where Brianna got the same treatment Brenson had gotten the week before. At first, she acted like she didn't like it, but really she was pleased!

Love that smile!

Once we finished lunch, we headed over to the movie theater in town. Chris had purchased us tickets to see The Lego Movie 2, and the kids were all pumped to go!

Family movie time!

The movie was pretty cheesy, but all the kids thought it was fantastic, haha. Once we got back home, Brianna had a piano lesson (because it was Monday and Mr. J didn't want to break schedule), then we spent the evening getting ready for the rest of the week. We had a great final birthday celebration weekend!

Happy birthday to my big girl who's in her last year of single digits! We love you so much!


No comments: