Thursday, March 14, 2019

Pre-K Round-Up!

If you've been a long time reader, you may remember that we didn't send either Brianna or Brenson to  any type of Pre-K. There are a lot of reasons for this that I'll not go into right now, but it was a good decision for both of them and for our family at the time. 

I had kind of assumed that we'd do the same for Brooke and Brecklyn . . . home school them for Pre-K and not start them in public school until Kindergarten. However, I'm a big believer in not doing things just because that's what we've always done. I think each child is unique and therefore unique decisions should be made for each of them. 

Back in the fall, Chris and I began discussing that maybe Brooke and Brecklyn should go to Pre-K. The more we discussed it, the more it made sense to us that Pre-K would be a good fit for them. The Pre-K at our school is less than three hours a day, and we both feel like it would be very beneficial to them. Even though it's really hard for me to think about sending my babies to school, I think it will be a good thing for them, as well!

Pre-K enrollment was on Wednesday, March 13th. When Brianna and Brenson were enrolled in Kindergarten, Chris took them by himself because it was much easier to do that than to take the twins (especially when Brianna was enrolled because they were only a month old). This time, I was excited to be able to be a part of the process!

Brooke and Brecklyn played in a little play area while Chris and I filled out their enrollment packets. They were so cute playing, and even played with another little girl whose mom was there enrolling her siblings. 

It only took us about 15-20 minutes to get all the paperwork filled out and submitted. These two little girls were so very excited, though!


Brooke Ellie

Brecklyn Sarah

After we got them enrolled, Daddy had a little talk with them. They looked so cute listening intently to their Daddy!

It's so hard to believe my babies are going to start school. I'm so thankful it will only be for a few hours a day because I know I'm going to miss them so much! I think next school year will be a good transitional year for all of us!



No comments: