Friday, March 29, 2019

Spring Break 2019 Part 2

After our week of Spring Break (you can read about it here), we had a few more days of fun when my brother, Jeremy, his wife, Shawna, and my niece, Kaylee, came to visit. They arrived at our house late Saturday afternoon at the end of our Spring Break. My parents and my sister and her family were all out of town for the weekend, so we had them to ourselves for a few days :-).

On Monday, my kiddos headed back to school, so I asked Kaylee and Shawna if they'd like to go to Rise and Shine at the kids' school with me. We had fun watching the big kids in R&S, then headed back to my house to hang out for a few hours with Mom (who was back in town). Later that afternoon, Kaylee took me for a ride in their car that is all decked out with accommodations for her to drive. This was the first time I've ever ridden with her!

Kaylee drives completely with her hands . . . she has a lever for accelerating and braking and a knob on the steering wheel to help her turn.

Each morning while they were here, Jeremy would get up and work out, then come back to my house to cook breakfast for everyone. Brecklyn was always up early enough to help him cook. She loves helping in the kitchen! One morning, he asked her, "How do you eat your eggs?" and she immediately answered, "Uh . . . with a fork?" Hahaha! She didn't realize that he was asking how she likes her eggs cooked!

Shawna, Kaylee, and I went to R&S with the big kids on Monday and Tuesday, and Kaylee and I went on Wednesday. Typically, parents and visitors stand around the perimeter of the gym during R&S, but I asked Mrs. S (the principal) to get us chairs on Monday morning. On Tuesday and Wednesday, she had chairs waiting for us :-).

Brianna loved having guests at R&S!

While the big kids were at school, the little girls enjoyed having our company to themselves. Of course, they are always down for someone to read to them!

Mom came and hung out with us during the day on both Monday and Tuesday. It's so nice having Mom and Dad in town now!

On Tuesday, Jeremy and Kaylee picked Brianna up from school and took her for a treat. Brenson had guitar lessons, so I left the little girls with Shawna and had a little one-on-one time with my boy.

Upon arriving home after school, Brianna and Kaylee went to the playhouse to do homework and play.

That evening, I invited Mom, Dad, Russ, Lisa, and Chloe Jo over for dinner. Of course, Charley was over as well, and I didn't realize until later that I completely forgot to call Brenson in for the group photo, haha. 

I don't think we need a photo to prove how crazy we are!

The weather was beautiful, which was great because that meant the children could eat outside!

Earlier in the day, Kaylee mentioned that we should do a fire that evening. We didn't have any firewood, so after dinner Chris and Russ headed to the empty lot across the street to cut some wood. We all gathered around the fire just as the sun was setting. Lots of stories were told, some songs were sung, and much laughter was heard! We really just had the best time UNTIL our backyard sprinklers kicked on and we all had to make a beeline for the back porch. Oooops! However, by this time it had gotten dark and it was about time for the party to be over anyway :-). I think a few people got sprayed a little, but thankfully no one really got wet.

G-Jo and Brecklyn

Russ and Lisa

Daddy and Brooke

Jeremy and Grampy

Brianna and Chloe Jo

Chris and Chelley

Brenson and Shawna

Brooke and Kaylee

It was such a fun night, and I know I will cherish the memories from it for a long, long time. I just hope we didn't annoy the neighbors too much :-).

After everyone left for the night and I cleaned up the house a bit, Kaylee and I pampered ourselves with face masks. Thankfully, all the children were sound asleep because I'm afraid we would have frightened them!

Kaylee and I went to R&S on Wednesday morning (Shawna stayed home with the little girls as they were still sleeping, no doubt worn out from all the fun the night before), then Jeremy, Shawna, and Kaylee left to drive home not long after R&S ended. It was definitely different to have them here while our everyday life was going on, but it was also really fun to include them in it. I know the kids loved having them at school, picking them up, and helping them with homework! We are certainly thankful they were able to come visit for a few days! 




No comments: