Monday, March 15, 2021

One Year Later . . .

It was a year ago this week that life was turned upside down by school, business, and economic shut-downs. At that time, we were told "two weeks to flatten the curve", and that if we would all comply with the shut-down for just 14 days then we would get a hold on COVID and life would return to normal. 

Well, here we are . . . one year later . . . and life oftentimes feels just as upside-down as it did one year ago. I often think about how I didn't know the last time was the last time when it came to things like walking in my children's elementary school, attending a morning assembly, or entering a doctor's office or business without a mask. It's almost a little hard for me to think about that week before the ball dropped. As much as I try to be intentional about not taking life for granted, I'm afraid I was taking those things for granted, for sure. There are still many things about the "old life" that we miss, and it's not easy to think that life will never be the same again. 

On the other hand, we have been so blessed with health this past year, and many of the changes brought on by the pandemic have been good ones. I'm thankful every day for the opportunity to homeschool my kiddos, that my husband still has a job, and that we still have freedom to worship. 

It's crazy how quickly life can change - how it can not look like what you thought it would - but through it all we're grateful for the blessings and still smiling. Most days, anyway :-).


I sent this photo to my MIL after she gifted me the earrings I'm wearing. They go perfectly with the top I have on in the photo, and I wanted her to see that :-).



No comments: