Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Creeper Commenter

Does anyone read comments on other peoples' blogs? I do, sometimes. If you have recently read my latest blog comments, you may have noticed that there was a slightly creepy comment left in Espanol. Well, I actually don't know if it's creepy or not, but I felt a little creeped out that I couldn't read it (can anyone translate it for me?).



I was talking to my dear husband about it last night, and he said, "That's what you get when you put your life on the internet." Okay... good point. But that doesn't mean I have to like it!



I don't mind at all that "strangers" follow my blog. I follow several blogs of people I don't know in real life. And I certainly don't mind when people I don't know comment on my blog. In fact, I like it because then I know who is reading my blog (so c'mon you lurkers, de-lurk!). Three or four times I have even ran into people in real life that follow my blog (and whom I had never previously met). That didn't bother me, either. I mean, obviously I am a pretty open person and choose to share my life on the World Wide Web. I've blogged before about what I feel are benefits of blog-world. Read about it here.



However, comment number 3 on Beautiful Colorado creeped me out. I thought about deleting it, but I wanted you all to be able to see it first. It's probably just SPAM, but seriously, keep your SPAM away from my blog and my life. This is a "safe" place for me... not somewhere for you to put your junk.

5 comments:

carey said...

I am totally a lurker! I am waiting on more exciting posts ;-). Yes, it is creepy to have "weird" strangers post which is why my blog is private, but I am weird about that tho. Awesome pics of Colorado, btw!!!

Lisa said...

I was wondering about that. I thought maybe it was some inside joke between you and Mr. Hispanic Man. Guess it wasn't!

Elana Kahn said...

It was spam. Here's how google translates it:

ALERT-ALL Territories MEXICAN VERY IMPORTANT:

The scam largest automotive Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico. Please be very careful not to do business with and www.expoautos.con.mx www.globalbit.con.mx seems cheap for what you will leave carrisimo! Sometimes an ounce of prevention goes better than to believe a guy named Omar Garcia Millan and his promises that were never fulfilled.

Joy Lin said...

Creeped me out, too, when I read - er, saw - it.

Angie said...

I wondered what was up with the spanish. I was thinking "Wow! All these years and I did not know Chelley spoke spanish." haha