Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Shopping for baby

Chris and I have yet to buy anything baby-related. I've looked several times for a cute onesie or something to buy for the baby, but have yet to find anything that I can't resist.

This past weekend, however, I did find this:

That's right, it's a maternity shirt. It's cute, a nice color, and it was on sale.

So, I bought it.

I can't wear it yet. In fact, I look a little ridiculous with it on. But, it is our first official baby-related purchase (besides the massive amounts of fertility drugs), and my niece requested that I put a photo of it on my blog for her to see. What do you think, Kay?

I have to admit, I felt a bit strange buying it. I'm still dealing with lots of is this really happening? type feelings.

As a funny *sort-of* side note, one common reaction that we have heard when we share our baby news with people is, "Get ready to spend money... babies are expensive" or something to that effect. Whenever people say this, Chris and I just look at each other and laugh. If people only knew the thousands upon THOUSANDS of dollars that we spent to conceive this child, they probably wouldn't say silly things like that. There's no get ready about it. We've been spending major money on this baby for several years already!

3 comments:

Jordan said...

I know what you mean about feeling silly buying maternity related things- on a similar note, we started touring day care facilities AS SOON as we could. So it felt a little weird walking into places for tours being 9-10 weeks pregnant.

But congrats! I'm so happy for you and Chris.

Lisa said...

Cute shirt!

People told us to get ready to spend money, too. Funny thing is that we actually spend less money a month on her now then we did during treatments. Oh, if they only knew...having a baby for us was like getting a raise! HA!

Tracy said...

I am glad you take it in stride. What people say has made you better not bitter! Good job. I love people sometimes.