Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Battle of the Wills

Yesterday was a bit of rough day for me and Little Miss.
As laid back as Brianna can be (and usually is), there have been a couple of times where we have had a battle of the wills. Yesterday was one of those times.

I have been weaning Brianna. Although I'm still pumping, I've had to start giving her a couple formula bottles a day because I'm no longer able to get as much as she needs. She has done great with the formula bottles for the most part. She sometimes will scowl a little when she first tastes it, but no real problems.

Yesterday, for whatever reason, B decided that she was absolutely not going to take formula. I knew she was hungry, but she refused to take the bottle. After trying to give her the formula for about an hour, I finally fixed her a "real" milk bottle, but she wouldn't have anything to do with that either. She was just so mad at this point that she would do nothing but scream and cry.

She finally cried herself to sleep, but woke up hungry after an hour (it had been 7 hours since she'd eaten anything). Once again, she refused the bottle (real milk). Fine. But I refused to offer her anything else. Thirty minutes later, after crying because she was hungry, she gulped the entire bottle down with no problem. Later that evening, she took a full formula bottle without contest. *sigh*

She had done this once before, after I had been back at work for a week or so. One day she just refused to take the bottle. It took her all day to realize that it was the bottle or nothing (luckily, Chris was home with her that day), and she finally took the bottle. She never threw a fit about the bottle again.

Maybe it's out of her system now? One can hope!

We had already had plans to go to my friend Angie's house for dinner last night, and I'm so glad we did. It was just what I needed after a rough day! Oh, and I do realize that a "rough" day with Brianna is probably a smooth day for some babies. I'm just not used to her being like that. Even on tougher days, I wouldn't trade her or being home with her for anything.

Below are a few pics from last night. Good food, great friends, and lots of laughter pretty much sums up the night!

We don't have hardly any pics of the three of us. This one is alright.

The fab five plus one... love this pic! We ended up having a great evening, and Brianna was on her best behavior :-). The five of us have been friends since college. I love these gals!

Happy Tuesday!

XOXO, Chelley

2 comments:

Krystle OBryan said...

oh I feel for you. I have been trying to wean Noah. He just doesn't want anything but his momma. I am still pumping and trying to give him mommas milk in a sippy cup, bottle , anything. I just started trying to get him to take whole milk. oh believe me we have had some very rough days!!! Just hang in there!!!!!

Cayce, Sara, and Lily said...

I'm proud of you for having the energy and the wisdom to go have dinner with friends after that whole mess. I'm such a wuss. If Lily and I have had a rough day that's it for me. I mentally and physically clock out of the day after dinner. I probably should try for some grown up interaction, but I let it beat me down. :-(