Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Brianna's 6 month check-up

About a week ago, I took Brianna in for her 6 month check-up. Her latest stats are:

Weight: 17 lbs, 1 oz (70th percentile)
Height: 26 inches (55 percentile)
Head Circumference: 42 1/2 cm (50th percentile)

{Sorry, no cheesy poem this time!}

Our girl is still doing great. She put on more weight than she did height this time... but no surprise there considering I started giving her formula.

After the check-up came the "fun" part... the shots! I'll do a whole post on the conversation I had with the nurse right before she gave B her shots. I'll just say, it started like this: "Now that she's 6 months old, when are you going to have another?"

After receiving the shots, she cried for a minute, then calmed right down. Then, after about another minute, she let out a screech as if to say, "How could you do that to me? I'm mad!" Then she was fine again.

Unfortunately, the aftermath of the shots was terrible this time. Oh my, our baby girl was so unhappy for the next several days. The evening of her appointment, I threw my friend Angie a small birthday party. I knew B would probably not be herself, but I had no idea that she would be so unhappy. If she wasn't crying, she looked like this:
Poor baby just felt terrible! All that night, she ran a fever and would not sleep. At all. It was miserable. It took her a good 3 days to start acting like herself again. UGH.

Despite this, the party went well. I was definitely distracted caring for B, but we had a good time anyway. This is the cake I made for Angie:

The birthday girl holding her cake:

The crew eating cake and ice cream:

I have a pic of the whole group, but it was taken at about 9:00pm before everyone left. I was told that I am not allowed to post it anywhere online. It is pretty cute, but you can certainly tell that we were all spent.

I hope everyone is having a great week! I'll be posting an update on the car situation tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Poor ittle B. Give her hugs and kisses from her auntie and cuz.

Your cake looks great!