Monday, September 20, 2010

Hair Prayer

This week is Friends and Family Week at church. Yesterday was our kick-off and it was a great day! It has been very uplifting so far... something I have certainly been in need of lately.

I could say a lot of things about that, but that is for another blog on another day. Instead, I'm going to share a short story that makes me laugh every time I think about it.

Last night at church, I was visiting with my friend, Tia, when this elderly(ish) woman that we attend church with walked up to us. As a bit of background information, her name is Patricia, she has been recently having health problems, and she sometimes wears a wig.

Here is the conversation that followed:

Patricia: Oh ladies, I really need prayers tonight.
Tia: Is everything okay?
Me: Are you feeling bad again?
Patricia: Oh no sweetie! I need prayers that my hair stays on!

*Laughing*

I think it's safe to say that was not a request I was expecting to hear! But hey, it must have worked because her hair didn't budge all night *grin*.

No comments: