Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A young 30-something

My friend told me not too long ago that she was ready to turn 30. Why? Because then she would be a young 30-something instead of an old 20-something. I love this perspective!

This past weekend, I threw a party for my {slightly} older hubby's 30th birthday. I made him a cake...

... and since we had about 25 people at the party, I also made a cupcake tree!

We stole a quick family pic before the crowd arrived and the chaos began.

Our house isn't really big enough for entertaining a crowd, so we had tables set up in the garage. The weather was great, so this worked out well, but it made an ugly background for pics :(.

Singing Happy Birthday to my handsome husband:

Some of Chris's family that came to help us celebrate:

The poor little party princess was worn out! She wasn't feeling too well (allergies, we think) and there was A LOT going on.

We ended the evening with a fire in our fire pit in the backyard. By this time, it was pretty chilly outside.

And, I couldn't finish this post without including a photo of the AMAZING sunset we had that evening! We truly have some of the most gorgeous sunsets I have ever seen!

2 comments:

Cayce, Sara, and Lily said...

It's a tie for me between the sunset and a sleeping B. Both are beautiful.

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday Chris!!