I actually want to begin by recording how I came out on my 2010 goals. I will say, I didn't meet all of them, but I'm not beating myself up about it. I did have a baby, after all. That required a lot of time and adjustment.
1. Keep up with the new Bible study program that Chris and I started. CHECK! Although we are a few weeks behind currently, we are catching up and we haven't given up on the program.
2. Memorize 12 verses from the Bible. CHECK! This has been wonderful.
3. Finish Little Aviator. FAIL. I did make progress on this, but I didn't finish it.
Here is what it looked like on January 1, 2010:
Here is what it looks like now:
4. Continue to drink 80 to 100 ounces of water per day. FAIL. I did great with this at the beginning of the year (when I was nursing, especially), but towards the end of the year I didn't do so well.
5. Lose pregnancy weight after baby is born. CHECK! I successfully lost all the weight and more, but have since gained some of it back. ARGH.
6. Scrap one layout per week of my own photos. FAIL. I scrapped a total of 74 pages (37 layouts), so I fell about 15 layouts short.
7. Read 10 novels from my list. FAIL. I read a total of 8 novels in 2010.
8. Floss. Okay, yeah. FAIL. Sigh.
9. Cook at home more. CHECK! When I was working and pregnant, Chris and got in the horrible habit of eating out... a lot. However, having a newborn and trying to lose weight kind of forced us to eat at home more. Now, we only eat out about once a week, which is better for everyone.
10. Put together a larger team for the Alzheimer's Walk and raise more money for the cause. CHECK! I was blown away this year by my awesome team of 12 and the $1500 we raised for the Alzheimer's Association. THANK YOU, again, to everyone who helped us.
11. Send someone a card every week. CHECK! I actually sent an average of 2 cards a week this year. It's something I love doing.
Okay, so now for my goals for 2011:
1. Catch up and stay caught up with the Bible study program Chris and I are doing.
2. Memorize 12 Bible verses.
3. Finish Little Aviator.
4. Drink ZERO carbonated beverages this year. This is going to be very hard, but I want and need to do it. Pop is so bad for you... I just don't want it in my body anymore.
5. Scrap 100 pages of my own photos. The past couple of years, my goal has been by layouts, but I don't always scrap a layout (sometimes it's a single page), so I'm changing it to a page goal this year.
6. Read 10 novels from my top 100 novels list. I bought an Amazon Kindle with my Christmas money, so I'm excited to try it out!
7. Redo our guest bathroom. I have painted every room in the house but this one. This is what it looks like right now:
Here is the wall, ceiling, top of the door, and door of the linen closet. Blah, blah, blah. I need some color! This is actually what our entire house looked like before we painted/put trim up/etc in every other room.
8. Have a nightly family devotional with Brianna.
9. Lead a team in the Alzheimer's Memory Walk.
10. Clean out the closet in our guest bedroom. This closet became a catch-all when we were making room for Brianna, so it really needs some attention. I hope that we'll be cleaning it out to make room for another baby, but it needs to be done either way.
11. Send someone a card each week.
12. Pay off a certain bill that we've been working on for a couple of years. We should be able to be done with it this year, and that makes me very happy!