Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gold

When I was 15 years old, my family and I had just moved to a new state. That summer, I went to a new {to me} church camp, where I met a guy named Adam. My first impression of him was not a good one . . . in fact, I kind of didn't like him at all.

As the week went on, we slowly started to become friends. We decided to keep in touch, and have never lost touch since. In the early years, we mostly wrote letters (old school!) and talked on the phone. Then, e-mail took over. Now, we mainly IM once in a while and send an occasional text message. Although we "talk" much much less than we used to, I still consider him a great friend.

Adam and his family live about 12 hours from where I do, so we don't see each other often. It's been over 3 years since I'd seen him, but last week he and his family were in the area and stopped by for lunch and a visit!
We had a great time catching up while our kids played together. It was pretty crazy to me to watch our kids playing together!
I actually got a photo of all three kids smiling and looking in the general direction of the camera. Success!


Brianna, Reagan, & Nathan



Here I am with Adam last week:
And, in 1997 (I think), a year after we met:



"Make new friends, but keep the old. The first are silver; the latter gold"




No comments: