Friday, May 20, 2011

Mother's Day

No surprise, I'm a bit behind on my blogging. I think had been doing much better lately, but I have had a rough week or so and blogging has taken a back seat. I talked a little about that here.

Sooooo this year for Mother's Day, we traveled to my parents' house for the weekend. I've written here and here about my Mother's Day ups and downs, so it was nice to celebrate the day away from home this year.

Here I am before church getting ready to open my gift:
And, with my real gift:
It was wonderful to be with my Mom on Mother's Day this year. She is not only a great Mom, but a wonderful "G-Jo" as well. I am so blessed to have a good Mom helping me be the best Mom I can be.
Brianna adores her grandparents, and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual :-).
Our little fam:
I know I've said this many times before, but I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to celebrate Mother's Day as a Mom. There were many years that I wondered if this day would ever be anything but painful.

I actually began my day by taking fertility drugs, and sometimes it is still hard not to be bitter about that. I just try my best to concentrate on the blessing that I do have, and not what is still missing. Of course, I'm always mindful of those that are still waiting, still hoping, still struggling. I prayed that this day wasn't too hard for you.






1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love that dress B is wearing!