Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

I hope you all are having a great holiday! We celebrated last night and today, so tonight we are hanging out at home enjoying the down time. We did sit out for a bit in our driveway and watch the fireworks going off all around us.

Last night, we spent the evening with our friends, Ross and Tia. They hosted a small Independence Day celebration at their house. We had super-yummy food (wish I would've taken a pic of that!), then spent some time outside putting on our own little fireworks show.

Brianna loved that Tia had a chair just her size!
I think this pic would be SO cute if only it wasn't blurry . . . boooo!
Hanging out with Momma watching the "boom-booms" (and not scared a bit!):
Daddy helped B play with a sparkler. She didn't quite know what to think of that. And this pic is a bit weird, yes?
Tia's sister and her family had travelled in from out-of-town to visit for the weekend. Brianna thought Tia's nieces, Danielle and Tia (yes, named after her Aunt Tia), were there just for her entertainment! The girls had a good time playing together! By the end of the night, they were all tired and had gotten in their pjs before I remembered to take a photo. I still think it's cute, though.
Today, we celebrated by meeting my parents in Noel, MO for a picnic and HOT afternoon on the riverbank. We (and by we, I really mean my dad) grilled burgers, we roasted s'mores, and had a yummy lunch. Brianna was pretty fascinated by the river. She had to tell Grampy all about what she saw!
C'mon Grampy, try to catch me!
It got pretty steamy during the middle of the afternoon. We had to have some down-time to try and cool off!
This morning, I told B that we were going to go have a picnic with Grampy and G-Jo. When we first put her in the car, she babbled and chatted and rambled for several minutes, then at the end said "G-Jo." just like she had been telling it all to her. I would love to know what she was saying!
The N family . . . looking patriotic.
Miss Independent celebrating Independence Day!
Happy Independence Day, 2011! We hope your day was fun and safe :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to comment before but it didn't work so I'm a little late this time. Anyway, I enjoy your blog! Your little girl is really cute so I love to see pictures of your family!

Mercedes said...

So adorable!