Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fun in Branson USA!

A few weekends ago, my friend Tia and I took off for a little getaway in good 'ole Branson, USA! It was the very first time that I had ever been away from Brianna overnight. I was a little nervous because I didn't want her to be sad about Mommy being gone. Chris took care of her the entire weekend, and they both did great! Oh, and I did fine as well :-).

We got to Branson on Friday evening, and hit the ground running! We ate dinner at a Hibachi grill, then did a bit of shopping. It was tax-free weekend (and we didn't know it), so the stores were crazy! It didn't take us long to burn out and go for ice-cream instead, haha!

On Saturday, there were several activities that we wanted to do, so we started the day at The Butterfly Palace. I think we both really enjoyed it! There were so many GORGEOUS butterflies, but I was only able to get photos of a couple of them (and not the prettier ones, unfortunately). There was also a mirror maze at The Butterfly Palace that was a ton of fun!

After The Butterfly Palace, we went to Ripley's Believe It or Not. It was interesting, but I'm not sure it was worth the money. Also, it was SUPER crowded, so we were a bit overstimulated when we left. In all the craziness, I didn't take any photos.

We grabbed a quick lunch after Ripley's, then decided to Ride the Ducks. We've done this once before, and it's very interesting. The temps were well into the 100's this day, but we thought it wouldn't be so bad since we were moving. WE WERE WRONG. Honestly, it was MISERABLE hot, so lesson learned! I actually sweated THROUGH my shirt it was so hot. Oh well . . .  memories!

Showers were definitely in order after the Ducks! So, we went back to our hotel, cleaned up, then headed out for dinner at Chateau on the Lake. Dinner was delish, and the view of Tablerock Lake was gorgeous! It had just rained and then the sun was setting, so it was the perfect formula for pure beauty. The top photo was taken in front of the lake after dinner.

Before dinner, I was feeling DONE for the day, but after we ate I got a second wind. Sooo, we headed to the Wax Museum. I had never been to a wax museum, so it found it pretty fascinating!

Are you dreaming of Genie?

Tia decided to take ten and play nine. . .

You're fired!

Sunday morning, we got up and headed to where my parents live for church. My parents weren't actually there that morning (my dad was preaching in Arkansas), but we already knew that and wanted to stop for church anyway.

It was a great weekend! I was very happy to see my girl when I got home (oh yeah, and The Hubs, too :-), but I'm so glad that I was able to get away and RELAX!








No comments: