Monday, August 22, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 16 Weeks!

Today, I'm 16 weeks pregnant! 

We started out the morning with an appointment with Dr. N. Everything with the baby looks great. I am so happy to report that it is measuring right on track size-wise. I've been wondering if we'll have the same growing problems with this baby as we did with Brianna. So far, it doesn't seem like it.

According to Dr. N's scale, I've gained 2 pounds since my last appointment (4 weeks ago). So, that means that I'm back up to my pre-pregnancy weight with a net weight gain of 0 pounds. Of course, that's not as fabulous as it sounds considering I was heavier than I should have been when I got pregnant.
I'm feeling really good these days, and my appetite has definitely made a return. One major change this week is that I've started having A LOT of trouble sleeping. Ugh . . . it's too early for this to start! I'm not a great sleeper anyway, and slept horribly toward the end of my pregnancy with Brianna. Then, of course, she was a terrible sleeper until about 10 months old, so I went over a year without a good night's sleep. I'm not ready for that to start again quite yet!

One thing that I found a little surprising was my blood pressure. It was 96 over 63. I thought that was a little low, but the nurse said not to be concerned. My blood pressure is generally a bit lower than "average" but isn't that a bit too low?
That's all for now. No photos of the baby today :-( but we'll see it again in 4 weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also had lowish blood pressure during pregnancy, and I fainted during my second trimester. If you ever start to feel even the slightest bit light-headed, it might save a bump on the head to sit yourself down immediately--even if it means sitting on the ground.