Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shark Tank!

This summer, I've made a special effort to take a few fun outings with Brianna and our friends, Christie and Callie. Christie is a teacher, so we don't see them a ton during the school year, but we have tried to make up for that this summer!

About a month ago, we decided to take the girls (who are 2 years apart, almost to the day) to the local aquarium. Brianna had never been before, and she thought it was GREAT!

Brianna thinks she is big like Callie! Callie show her the ropes at the aquarium.

This is hands-down my favorite photo from the day. B was fascinated by the sea turtles! She wasn't quite tall enough the see over the wall into the water, but she would have sat watching them through that window for a long time. We even got to feed them, although B just hit them multiple times with the feeding stick.

Here she is pointing out . . . something . . . I sure can't remember what *grin*.

And again, I have no idea what we were looking at, but I love the look on her face. The aquarium seemed to hold her attention even better than the zoo!

Callie was feeding the sting-rays here (you can see her arm and feeding stick in the background). Brianna thought that was pretty great :-).

My favorite part of the aquarium is the walk-through shark tunnel. It's amazing to see the sharks swimming all around you! Brianna kept saying "whoa!" every time one would swim over us. At the end of the tunnel is a shark tank that the kids can play in. This photo makes me laugh because you can see Callie zooming by in the background while B peeks her head out at me.

After the aquarium, we went to lunch. Yes, we were pretty hot and sweaty by this time! I tried and tried to get a photo of B and me, and this was the best I could do. Oh well!







1 comment:

Mercedes said...

Wow that looks like fun! I wanna go to an aquarium. Brianna is adorable as ever!