Monday, November 7, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 27 weeks!

Today, I am officially entering the third trimester of pregnancy at 27 weeks pregnant. Growing, growing, growing!
This weekend, we (and by we, I really mean Chris) spent some time working on Brenson's nursery. He did a bit of painting and set up his bed. I have been working on making a few decorations (and I'm very happy with how they are turning out), and we even went and purchased a bouncy chair with some money that was gifted to us. Things are really beginning to come together in there! Exciting!

Sleep has been horrible this week. Several nights I have gotten 3 to 4 hours of broken sleep and that is it! So, while B is taking her nap during the day, I've laid down for a nap as well . . .which has just caused me terrible sleep the next night as well. It's a vicious cycle. I've skipped the nap the past several days and that has helped a little with the night sleeping. Not as much as I would have hoped, though.

The real problem with sleeping is that I'm having back pain. Helllloooo back pain! I told Chris that I didn't remember it feeling like this last time, and he said, "Well, you just don't remember." Funny how your brain just blocks stuff like that out :-). I try really really hard not to take Tylenol (even though I know it's supposed to be "safe"), so the heating pad and body pillows are really getting love these days. Hot showers also help relax my muscles so I can fall asleep. Yesterday, I wore heels to church, then to run a few errands, then back to church and my back was killing me. I think it's time to retire the heels for a while :-). This is not anything I can't handle for the next 10 to 13 weeks . . . I just need to figure out how to handle it best.

Brenson is moving so much every day, and I love it! Chris feels him a lot too, and Brianna even felt him one day. She didn't know what in the world to make of that! I think he kicks much harder than Brianna at this age.

My belly button is still half in half out, I can't get enough salsa these days, and heartburn is rearing its ugly head more frequently. I'm sure that has nothing to do with my salsa intake :-). I have my glucose test next Monday, along with my 28 week appointment. So yeah, things are right on track and for that we are extremely grateful!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Cayce, Sara, and Lily said...

I don't remember anything negative about my pregnancy. It was all sunshine and rainbows. I can only assume my next will be just the same. ;-)