Saturday, November 5, 2011

MORE Autumn Fun {yes, MORE!}

Okay ya'll, this is my last post on fun Autumn activities and then I'll move on to something else. I just love this time of year!

I had posted about our family trip to the pumpkin patch, but Brianna and I also took a trip a few days later to a different pumpkin patch with our friends, Christie and Callie. This pumpkin patch is actually a real patch . . . not just piles of pumpkins and some bales of hay. We actually had to ride out to the patch on a tractor-pulled trailer to pick our pumpkins!
All of the ripe pumpkins were cut off of the vines for us, but it was really neat to see the not-yet-ripe ones still growing. This is going to show my ignorance, but I had no idea that pumpkins grew green on the vine then turned orange when they are ripe.

Brianna was still trying to lift "heby" pumpkins:
She thought the patch was so fun!
Brianna and Callie loved traipsing through the vines to choose pumpkins. Of course, Brianna fell in the dirt about 5 times, so she was filthy by the time we rode the hayride back to our car. I think she was actually falling in the dirt on purpose so she could play in it :-).
This patch also had several fun games that the girls played and a mini haybale maze. We had a great time!

Another fun activity that we did one day was make carmel apples. It's been so long since I've done this. Brianna's favorite part was putting the stick in the apple, and of course eating the finished product! On the day we made them, I told her that we had to wait until Daddy got home before we could eat them. The minute he walked in the door, she ran up to him, gave him a hug (like she does every single day), and said, "Apples. Eat." Haha!
We also went to a fun Trunk-or-Treat event where my friends, Amy and Kendall, were hosting a trunk. Their trunk was decorated like Charlotte's Web (so fitting since they are both teachers!), and Amy was dressed as Wilbur while Kendall was dressed as Fern. Loved it! Brianna was pretty impressed with the whole Trunk-or-Treat thing. At one point, she said, "Yay this!" She keeps us laughing all the time :-).
We really got some good mileage out of our costume this year. We even wore it to music class one day. This photo is of Brianna and her two favorite music class peeps, Jackson and Abigail. They are both 3 years old, but Brianna thinks she's just as big as they are :-).

Like I said earlier, this is my absolute favorite time of year. I'm so glad that we are blessed with the time and resources to participate in so many fun activies. I try really hard to not spend every single day doing something away from home because I want Brianna to learn to be content at home as well. So, we'll be getting back to our slower paced life now that the weather is getting colder and I'm really getting bigger (and therefore, less mobile).

I hope you're having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Looks like so much fun!