Friday, January 20, 2012

Lunch Date

I know I haven't been blogging too much lately. There's not a whole lot going on around here . . . we've been taking it pretty easy and just working on getting everything ready for Brenson's arrival. 

Yesterday morning, I asked Brianna what she wanted for breakfast, and she replied with, "a cheeseburger." She seriously makes me laugh all the time! I didn't even know that she could say that word or really knew what a cheeseburger is, but apparently she does. So, I decided that we'd take a little lunch date to McDonalds and have a cheeseburger for lunch!

This may be old news to some of you, but we rarely eat at McDonalds (we did eat there on Christmas Eve, but haven't been there since), so I was surprised at the changes in Brianna's Happy Meal today.

Instead of coming with a little sack of fries, her Happy Meal came with a wee box of fries (why are things in small packages always so cute?) and a little bag of apple slices as well. It was so cute that I couldn't resist taking a photo :-).

Brianna's wee box of fries next to my big box (just what this pregnant Momma needed :-):
She thinks fries are YUMMY!
One of her favorite parts of a cheeseburger is the pickle. She loves pickles!
SO excited about our lunch date . . . we are so blessed that she is a GREAT eater!
I didn't know how the apple slices would compete with the fries, but she ate almost all of them. She is a big fruit eater . . . her favorites include grapes, oranges, and strawberries. She also loves applesauce. She asks for this at almost every meal.

I'm loving these special little times that we are having. My 23 month old child (yes, almost 2 years old!) is such a pleasure to be with. Love her!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the new Happy Meals. I usually get to help Chloe Jo finish off the apple slices! YUM!

Cayce, Sara, and Lily said...

It's the ketchup. Ketchup makes anything gold in Lily's book. Yesterday while mommy scarfed a Five Guys little cheeseburger and shared some fries with a friend, Lily munched on a granola bar. Said granola bar was dipped several times in my ketchup for some added spice. The child is nuts.