Monday, January 23, 2012

Pregnancy Update: 38 weeks!

Today, I am 38 weeks pregnant. We are getting SO close to the end of this pregnancy . . . and very anxious to meet our little guy! Here I am today:

And, at 38 weeks with Brianna:
This week was actually better than last week as far as me feeling more comfortable. I have very achy hips most days, but I feel like Brenson has dropped some and that means I can breath so much better. Yay! I had a few days of being really tired, but I also had several days that I had energy to get necessary things tied up, spend quality time with Brianna, and even cook dinner! I have been seriously slacking on cooking a decent dinner for the last several weeks (because let's face it, PB&J sandwiches or grilled cheese with canned soup DOES NOT count as cooking!), so Chris was grateful for some good meals.

I did have several days this week where I suffered from bad heartburn. This is very odd for me because I take a prescription acid reducer, so heartburn (even while pregnant) is rarely an issue. One night, it was so bad that there was no way any sleep was going to happen, so I just got up and started my day.

Brenson's nursery will not be completely finished before he arrives, and I am really okay with that. No, really, I am :-). However, it is put together as much as we can for now (we are waiting on part of his furniture), and I am very happy with how things have come together in there. I will post photos of a few projects that I recently completed for his room in a few days.

Chocolate milk has pretty much been the tastiest thing ever this week. I could drink 3 glasses a day if I'd let myself (but alas, I'm limiting myself to one glass a day *sad*). I have had very few food cravings this pregnancy - and food still hasn't been that appealing this week - but this chocolate milk kick has definitely been one of those it's-all-I-can-think-about-until-I-get-it things.

I have been congested for the last 10 or so weeks of this pregnancy (very normal during pregnancy because of swollen membranes), and I'll be so glad to be able to breath through my nose again! I always sleep with my mouth closed (strange information, yes?), but I haven't been able to for weeks now. This means I wake with a dry, sticky mouth, and generally with drool running down my cheek. Ick! I think my nose is also looking bigger these days (this happened when I was pregnant with Brianna, too), and my hands have been very swollen this week. It will be nice to recognize myself in the mirror again :-)!

We had our weekly appointment with Dr. N this morning. My blood pressure was 120 over 84, and I've gained 1.5 pounds since last week. My total weight gain is now 27 pounds. Brenson's head is more engaged than it was last week (so he has dropped a bit), but when Dr. N checked me he found that I still haven't made any progress as far as effacement or dialation goes. *Sigh*. I don't want to deliver today, but a little progress would be nice . . . if for no other reason than to see a small light at the end of this tunnel. He also estimated Brenson's weight to be 8 pounds and 1 ounce. Brianna weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces when she was born, so it seems that Brenson is going to be a bit bigger than her. However, I know those weight estimates can be waaaaaay off. Brianna loves going to the "baby doctor". Here we are waiting for him to come in today:
This is a terrible angle of me, but she looks cute :-)! Oh, and I think you can really see what I mean about my nose being swollen in this photo.

So, we have an appointment set for a week from today. I know it's possible that I won't make it until then, but Dr. N seems pretty confident that he'll see us again in the office!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness!! You are sooo close!! I bet you are getting so excited :)

Mallorie said...

I know I say this for each update but you look so cute!!! My hips got really achey at the end of my pregnancy too. Brianna is going to be such a cute big sister!!! I can't wait for pictures of your little guy!!

Jordan said...

Only 27#? You rock. I'm up that much at 31.5 weeks. Hah!

Cayce, Sara, and Lily said...

Squeeeeeeeeeeee! it'salmosttimeit'salmosttimeit'salmosttime!!!