Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Curly Sue

When I was little, pretty much every Saturday night looked the same. We would eat dinner, clean up, have a bath, my mom would dry our hair a bit (not completely, just a bit), then roll our entire head of hair up in sponge rollers. Oh man, my sister and I hated this! 

BUT, we sure loved our bouncy curls every Sunday morning, and I remember always getting tons of compliments on my hair at church. I'm so glad I was focused on the right things. Ahem. 

A few weeks ago, I was looking at Brianna's hair - which already has a fair bit of natural curl in it - and realized that she has the perfect hair for sponge rollers. So, Saturday night after dinner had been eaten and cleaned up, Brianna had a bath, I dried her hair just a bit, and rolled it up.

Little Miss was beyond excited about the rollers! I just knew that she would pull every curler out before she went to sleep, but she didn't touch them!

When she woke up Sunday morning, she couldn't wait to see her hair. I love that she was so excited about the curls.

Her hair looked so sweet all curled up.

I didn't get a photo of the back of it, but it was darling. The curls held all day (even after her nap). 

My sweet little Curly Sue . . . getting so big, so fast. It warms my heart to pass along little "traditions" to you, even if I did hate them as a child. :-)


4 comments:

Joy Lin said...

She looks so grown up!

Lisa said...

Mer! I loved her curls!

Cheryl said...

I love those curls! I"m glad you're passing down the tradition of foam rollers! Too cute!

Cayce, Sara, and Lily said...

So pretty!! Yah, Lily'd have them out asap.