Monday, June 25, 2012

Brave

A few days ago, Brianna and I watched Annie (the 1982 movie version). In the movie, Annie goes to the movies and, of course, sings about it. Since then, Brianna has talked about that scene, so I decided that a trip to the movies was in order!

We decided that it would be a Mommy/daughter date. We were both a wee bit excited!

She wanted to make a funny face, and this is what she chose:

I had talked to B quite a bit about the theater being dark and the movie being loud before we went. I really didn't want her to be scared. She did GREAT! We got popcorn (which she loves), so she was super excited about that. I caught her off-guard with this photo, but she was really happy about the popcorn, haha!

We saw the movie, Brave. I thought it was okay. I'm really not a movie person (at all), so don't listen to me if you're wanting to go see it. There were some really scary parts (for a two year old anyway), which I wasn't expecting. One lady who was sitting down the row from us had a little girl about B's age, and they left before it was over because the little one was scared. Brianna isn't really one to be scared about things, but she did say that she didn't like "that bear" several times.

I think one of the things B was most excited about was her ticket. She couldn't wait to get home and show it to Daddy.

I go to {maybe} 2 movies a year, so this won't be something we'll do often. However, we had a great time, and I really enjoyed our outing. I'm pretty sure this is the first time we've been anywhere - just the two of us - since Brenson was born.

Love these special moments and memories!


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a fun girls night out! I think it's important to make one on one time with our kids like that. It does make them feel extra special!

Lisa said...

Sounds like a fun mommy/daughter date!