Thursday, October 11, 2012

You will thank me for this

The Hubs loves allllllll things pumpkin. We're talking pumpkin bread, pumpkin cake, roasted pumpkin seeds, and of course pumpkin pie. I'm not pumpkin's biggest fan, but I do enjoy a pumpkin treat every now and then. 

As a little treat for The Hubs, Brianna and I recently made a batch of pumpkin muffins. Not only were they easy to make, but they were super yummy!!! You should totally try these.

To begin, I got my adorable little helper ready. Of course, this was just a bonus, but somehow those muffins tasted just a little better with her help :-).

Now, the ingredients you need are a yellow cake mix (I bought Pillsbury because it was the least expensive), a 15 ounce can of pumpkin, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, and 1/2 tsp nutmeg.

Mix the dry ingredients first (that would be everything but the pumpkin). I used a wisk.

She loves to help in the kitchen!

After the dry ingredients are well mixed, stir in the pumpkin.

The mixture is pretty thick, so it takes a while to mix it well.

After you've mixed all ingredients, scoop the mixture into muffin cups. Again, the mixture is thick, so you cannot pour it.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes (your house will smell wonderful while they are baking!). We like to eat them warm with a bit of butter, but they are also good cool with a dollop of whip cream.

So good that we have to lick our fingers!

Yummmmmmmm!

This recipe is from Pinterest. The original recipe only calls for the cake mix and the canned pumpkin. However, I like a little bit of spice in my pumpkin treats, so I added the other ingredients upon the advice of my mom. Either way, they are super easy.

Now, go bake!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make these all the time and now, I'm going to have to make them tonight :) Some people put cinnamon chips in their muffins but I prefer them just the way you made them.

Carey

Unknown said...

Sounds good for sure...will give it a try, as we love pumpkin here.

asg said...

They sound good, if I liked pumpkin.

Johannah Sirois said...

They sound super yummy!!!