Thursday, July 18, 2013

Food fun!

Every day when the children wake from their afternoon nap, the first thing they want is a snack. Recently I've been seeing all kinds of cute ideas on Pinterest for fun snacks for kids, so I decided to try a few. The kids have loved having these fun and cute snacks! 

Last week, I made a Bears on the Beach snack for the kids while they were sleeping. First, I made blue jello.

I poured that into some clear cups I had on hand. 

While the jello set, I made up some vanilla pudding.


 I poured the pudding on top of the blue jello (and had enough left over for me to eat . . . yummmm).

I had purchased these little drink umbrellas at the Hob Lob just for this snack. 

I placed a few gummy bears on the vanilla pudding, then added the drink umbrellas. The result was an adorable and tasty Bears on the Beach snack!

I kept them in the refrigerator until the littles got up from nap. They were so cute when I sat the snack in front of them. I love Bri's little freshly awake face :-).


So excited to dig in!

Bren was excited, too!


He always gets super hot when he sleeps, so his hair turns curly.

I've done several other cute little snacks, but I didn't think to take pics of them. The other day, I made trees out of grapes and pretzels for snack, and the kids loved that, too! It's so fun to be creative and silly with food :-).




No comments: