Thursday, September 26, 2013

Birthday Fun and the Sickies

We've had quite a week around here, and I am exhausted! I typically try to balance a good bit of going and doing with a good bit of staying home each week. I think it's important to learn both skills. Well, this week {against my own rule} I booked us up with stuff every day, then Brenson ended up being sick all week so we had to cancel everything and just stay home. I kind of felt like this was coming. Last Friday, he was acting very unlike himself and very tired. We followed that with an overly busy Saturday and Sunday, so I wasn't surprised when he got sick on Monday. However, dealing with a sick little boy all week has worn this Momma smooth out!

So, this past Saturday (before the sickies hit us) we had a full day! On the 3rd Saturday of each month, our church hosts a food give-away that we typically help work. We served 44 families on Saturday (which is A LOT for our small church and the small town it's in), so it was quite a busy morning. We grabbed lunch then headed home for naptime. We woke the kiddos up from nap a little early so we could head over to Chris's sister's house to celebrate our nephew Zeke's birthday.

So happy to be 5 years old!

Brianna adores her cousin Abby!

I didn't grow up with any cousins close by, so I'm thrilled that my kiddos get to grow up with cousins they see often. Brenson pretty much followed Zeke around all evening. He was very interested in the Jake and the Neverland Pirates Ship that Zeke got for his birthday.

Zeke was showing Bren all around the toy :-).

I don't have a photo of Brianna and Zeke, but they were double trouble for sure! They are about a year and a half apart in age, but they play so well together right now.

After some food, cake, and gift opening, we all headed outside to play for a bit. Uncle Joe gave the kids suckers, which of course they loved!

Brenson was too busy eating to smile for the camera.

There is a nice playground just down the street from Chris's sister's house, so we all walked down there to play before the sun set. My kids LOVE playing outside.

Brenson was on the move so much that I couldn't catch a good photo of him . . . this one is blurry because he's moving so fast!

He thinks he's SO big. You're only 19 months old, kiddo!

The slide is always a big hit.

I'm sad that this photo is blurry . . . it's otherwise so cute!

I really wanted a photo of the four kids for a gift I'm making my MIL for Christmas. After what seemed like 25 shots, I got this one that I'm happy with:

Then, I tried to get one with Meme and Papa in it as well. Ha! Well, this is the best I could do:
Notice that it's not just the kids that weren't cooperating? Oh, and Zeke's face is PRICELESS!

After church on Sunday, we went to another birthday party for our friend Jackson (from Music Class) who also turned 5. I didn't take any photos at this party, but it was the cutest Lego themed event and I wish I had photos to show you all.

We have our Mommy and Me preschool class in the morning, and I'm hoping that we'll be able to make it. We missed cheering on Daddy playing basketball, a playdate, toddler Bible Class, and Music Class this week. I'm ready for my little guy to feel better so we can get back to our normal routine!

Have a great weekend, everyone!


No comments: