Monday, December 16, 2013

December Fun: Holiday on The Hill

One of our first Christmas events that we participated in this year was called Holiday on The Hill. The university in town (where I was employed before my littles came along) sits atop a hill that overlooks our town. For the past several years, the university has presented this little event called Holiday on The Hill where they have live singing, serve hot cocoa and treats, present Santa, and have a lighting ceremony. We've never been before, but this year we decided to try it out.

The kiddos were excited for the treats. They also got pretty pumped when the campus lit up in Christmas lights.

Brianna's first taste of hot cocoa. She's a fan :-).

The University's mascot is called Hunter the Hillcat. Long-time readers may remember that Brianna LOVED Hunter when she was a baby. Brenson had never met Hunter, and I really didn't think he'd like him too much (since Brenson is my slower-to-warm, cautious child). Well, I was wrong! Brenson loved Hunter, too! Both Bs kept running up to Hunter over and over giving him high fives and hugs.

After the ceremony ended, Santa was available for visits and photos. We waited in line for a good bit to meet him, but it was worth it. Both of the kids LOVED meeting Santa!

Brenson wouldn't tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas . . . instead he discussed the recently illuminated Christmas lights with him :-).

Brianna got a little shy and wouldn't really talk to Santa at all. I was shocked. However, the next day, Brianna told me, "I really like that Santa. He was nice." Ha!

Can anyone say CAMERA FACE?!?

This is a little better :-).

This event was pretty perfect in my estimation. It was close to home, only about an hour long, and the kiddos loved it. Win!



No comments: