Friday, December 20, 2013

December Fun: Paint Chip Ornaments

Do any other Mom's out there struggle a bit with creative things to do with your littles? I know I do sometimes, and in those times I find myself very thankful for Pinterest! I feel like I can always find a fun and creative activity on there.

Last year, we made ornaments for our Christmas tree, and {in effort to establish some holiday traditions} I wanted to do the same thing this year. However, I didn't want to make the exact same kind of ornaments. So I searched Pinterest and found a cute photo of an ornament made with a paint chip!

I had several paint chips sitting around (from when we almost painted our living room about two months ago), and collected just a few more. The kiddos are always up for an activity!

I drew lines on the back of the green samples, and Brianna cut them all by herself. Girl-child is growing so fast.

Brenson really wanted to cut also, so I helped him with this task. I gave Brianna my camera . . .



We also cut rectangles out of brown paint chips and glued them to the bottom of the green triangles.

Then, we raided my scrapbooking supplies to find some things to decorate our trees.

These little dots made excellent ornaments for our trees!

I especially liked that both of the kids could really participate in the majority of this activity AND they both enjoyed it.


One of my birthday gifts was a great little rechargable, cordless hand vacuum. I LOVE it! Because I have this little jewel now, I decided that we should GLITTER our trees. I normally hate glitter due to the mess, but my fabulous little vac made the mess disappear in a hurry :-).

I think the glitter was the kids' favorite part!



Finally, we put ribbon on the top of a few of them (to hang on our tree) and glued magnets to the back of the others (to put on the frig).

Getting these two messes to pose with the finished product was the hardest part!


Annnnd - all the finished trees!

What kind of fun projects are you all doing during these last days before Christmas?


2 comments:

Angie said...

Love this idea! Can't wait to try this with my kinders next year!

Emily said...

SUCH a great idea!!!! Have to pin this one :)