Saturday, August 16, 2014

Crepe Myrtle Memories

We have a beautiful Crepe Myrtle in our front side yard that I just love. We received this bush as a house-warming gift when we first bought our house eight years ago, and it's special to me for many reasons. One of the reasons is that my aunt Diana, who passed away from cancer in 2009, helped us find the perfect spot to plant this crepe myrtle, then helped us actually plant it as well. It has grown into quite a large bush and loves to show off its beauty during this time of year. 

A couple Sundays ago, it was a cool (yes, cool in July!) beautiful morning, and I decided that in front of the crepe myrtle would be the perfect place to take a few photos of the kids. August is their half-birthday month, so they are now 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 years old. That's a little bit mind-blowing to me! Time sure does move fast. 

The joy these "babies" bring to our lives is indescribable. They are at such a fun age of curiosity, exploration, innocence, and spunk right now. I can't express how much I love spending my days with them.

Brenson has become so verbal in the past few months. He strings together long thoughts and questions, and is such a serious and pensive little person. Of course, he is 2 1/2, so mischief is always on his radar these days as well. We got his hair cut off a few weeks ago, and it totally changed his look. He looks so much like a little boy now, and not so much like a toddler. *tear*

And Brianna . . . she is still my crazy, little spunky girl. I have to wonder where all her energy comes from sometimes. It seems to be never-ending! I pray that her zeal for life will be a powerful tool in God's Kingdom someday. Her wild ways so frustrate me some days, but it's also one of my favorite qualities about her. How is it that she's 4 1/2 already?

These are the days that I want to hold on to so tightly. I want to remember everything about them. 



No comments: