Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Twins' 6 Month Photo Session

On August 27th, we had an appointment to have Brooke and Brecklyn's 6 month photo session. I do sessions for our kids when they are newborn, 6 months, one year, 18 months, and then every year around their birthday after that. The girls were actually closer to 7 months old at the time of the session, but still technically 6 months old :-). 

Our plan was to do a few indoor shots (I personally like indoor/studio photos), as well as a few outdoor shots. We haven't done anything outdoors with our photographer in a while, so I thought it would be a nice change. Also, instead of traveling to her studio which is in her house and a 45 minute drive for us, we decided to meet on some land that her parents own just about 10 minutes from our house. I was excited about the change in scenery and the much shorter travel distance!

The forecast on the day of our session was partly cloudy with a 10 percent chance of rain. Our session was scheduled at 9:00am, and at about 8:15am I commented to Chris that it was looking awfully cloudy outside. Sure enough, while we were driving to meet our photographer, it started POURING rain. And, it wasn't just rain. During the next few hours, we had a pretty significant thunderstorm complete with booming thunder, fierce lightening, and blowing wind. 

Obviously, this changed our plans for doing an outdoor session! It also made our "indoor" session a little more complicated as our photographer had set up her backdrop in the garage of a vacant house her parents own on the property - with the garage door open for natural light. The wind was blowing and the rain was coming in, but we forged ahead with the session. 

Despite these conditions and our change in plans, I am so pleased with the photos. I think they are beautiful! Of course, our biggest hurdle was getting a decent photos of the girls together, but there are several that I love. The thing I always love most about our photographer's work is that she truly captures the personality of each child. This session was no exception!

1
Brecklyn and Brooke

2

3
As you can see, Brooke was quite serious at first!

4

5
It didn't take her long to relax, though.

6

7
I think this is my favorite of the girls together.

8

9

10
My sweet Brecklyn.

11

12

13
I love these close-up shots!

14

15

16

17
This is SO Brooke! She's our silly girl.

18

19
I have a photo of Brianna at this age that looks very similar to this.

20
Her serious face is precious, too.

21

22

23

24

25
Hahaha! Typical . . . Brooke loves to roll.

26

27

28

29
Precious girl.

30

31

32
This photo makes me laugh because the blanket they were laying on for the photos was shedding on EVERYTHING. You can see that Brooke had the fur from it all up in her toes.

33
Serious Brecklyn.

34

35

36

37

38
I adore her serious face.

39
But, this one is darling, as well!

40

41

42

43

We took the next set of photos trying to recreate some photos that our photographer had taken of Brianna at 6 months old. We didn't have the exact same props or clothes, but we tried to make these look similar. 
44

45
I can just hear her sweet laugh in this photo.

46

47
Brooke had just mastered waving and kept doing it during this session. 

48

49

50

51

52

53

54
Sweet.

55

56

57
Love.

58

59

60

61

62

63
Brecklyn's turn

64

65

66

67

68

69

70

71
Her serious face gets me!

72

73

74
I love her little feet sticking out of the pink :-).

75
Sweet smile!

76
Another outfit and background change. We decided to pose the girls on this chair, but Daddy was very close by to catch them when they fell. And they did!

77
I love these outfits and this background, but these photo aren't my favorite smiles.

78

79

80

81

82

83

84

85
Brooke was super interested in the chair and didn't want to look up.

86

87

88
Love this profile shot.

89

90

91

92

93

94

95

96

97

98

99

100

101

102

103

104
The session had been going on close to an hour by this point. The girls were really over it, but we wanted to try and get some of them together again. This one is typical of Brooke pulling at Brecklyn, and Brecklyn not appreciating it too much, ha!

105

106

107

108

109

110

111
Brooke loves to touch and be touched. And, she loves to have that tongue out!

112

113

114

115

116

117

118

119
This isn't my favorite pose, but we were playing around with some different angles.

120

121

122

123
Haha . . . they both looked shocked!

124
Again, Brooke loves to be touching Brecklyn.

125

126
This is a favorite from this set.

127

128

Getting photos taken of babies is a ton of work, but I'm always so grateful to have them! I LOVE having the whole set with all their funny and silly and sweet expressions! Of course, I'll probably have a super hard time deciding which ones to print because I love too many of them :-). 

Which ones do you like?




1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Oh my Gosh! I don't know how you would ever choose! Each one has captured something special! I can't believe you have the wherewithal to do outfit changes on 2 infants!! I probably would have rescheduled the photo shoot do to the weather alone!

I have a question I hope you would be willing to answer. We are preparing to welcome our 5th baby in a few weeks, and I posted about this on my blog, but I need advice or insight into giving a child 2 middle names. Were you able to put both middle names on the birth certificate? How about filling out forms like for the doctors office, social security card, school forms, ect? We are considering 2 names but have never done it before and don't know anyone who has so we don't know the logistics of it. Feel free to email me if you don't want to reply here. Thanks in advance if you can help!