Monday, April 25, 2016

Professional Photos, Spring 2016

Every year, I try to have professional photos taken of the children around their birthdays. One of the many reasons I appreciate that their birthdays are all in the same month is that it makes this task a bit easier because I can schedule one session for all of them and be done with it. I have been trying to have a family session done in the fall time, so that leaves the spring session for us to concentrate on getting individual shots of the kiddos.

This year, the birthday session proved to be pretty challenging, but not for the reason I expected it to be. The photographer that we have used for nearly six years is no longer doing photography, and I had a really difficult time finding a new photographer! I know I'm in the minority when I say this, but I like indoor sessions for the kids' birthday pics, and I just couldn't find anyone that had an indoor studio, was taking new clients, and was at the price point I needed. 

However, it all worked out just fine in the end. My friend, Tia, recommended her friend, Tonya as a photog and also talked me into giving outdoor photos a chance. I have to say that I LOVE the results! Because of the trouble I had finding a new photographer, this session ended up being on April 1st instead of in February. As you can see from the gorgeous flowers, the later session also worked to our advantage. 

1 (Brooke was so sweet to just sit and smile for us!)

2

3

4

5

6

7

8 (Brecklyn was much busier, but Tonya still got some great shots!)

9

10 (Bren was a champ!)

11

12

13 (I adore the colors in these photos of Brianna!)

14

15

16

17

18

19 (This is a favorite, for sure!)

20

21 (Just gorgeous)

22

23 (The lighting was so pretty, and Tonya knew how to work it, for sure!)

24 (Haha . . . classic Bren)

25

26

27

28

29 (Oh, my sweet girls!)

30 (Sweet Brecklyn)

31

32

33

34

35

36

37

38

39 (Brooke was seriously just so smiley and happy!)

40

41

I'm so thankful for these beautiful photos, and that I gave an outdoor session a chance. They are perfect!



No comments: