Saturday, May 20, 2017

Pregnancy Update: 13 Weeks!

*I'm still playing catch-up, but my 14 week update should be in real time! This post was written on May 16th.*

I can't believe I'm already 13 weeks pregnant! This first trimester has flown by, but I guess that tends to happen when you miss the first half because you don't realize you're pregnant, haha!

Here is my 13 week belly pic. This photo was taken on Mother's Day while we were in Tennessee for my nephew's high school graduation. I've never been pregnant on Mother's Day before, so that was special for me! I'm definitely getting a serious bump already, but I think it's less obvious when I'm not framing it with my hands.

The weeks leading up to thirteen weeks when I was pregnant with the twins was really difficult for me. We lost B3 when I was 13 weeks along, and the anxiety caused by that loss was pretty major. This time, however, has been much easier. I feel more peaceful about everything in general. I actually expected that this past week would be hard in that way, so maybe that's why it's been a little easier? I still think about that loss often - and there's certainly a part of me that worries about reliving that experience - but I spend a lot of time in prayer about it. Also, you may have noticed that I'm labeling my pregnancy update posts with "Seven", and if you follow me on IG then you know that I'm also using #seven on any posts regarding this baby. There are two reasons for this - One is that this is baby number 7 counting our two miscarriages. The second reason is that we are now a family of seven counting this new baby, so it works out kind of perfectly. I may refer to this baby as "Seven" some on the blog, as well.

This has been a busy week! As I mentioned above, we traveled to Tennessee for my nephew's high school graduation, so much of the week was spent preparing for that trip. It's about 8 hours driving time one way, so that's not a small undertaking for our family! Thankfully, I had more energy this week than I've had lately, although I am still more tired than normal. It was nice to be able to feel like I could at least somewhat function, though!

I mentioned in last week's post that I've been having some terrible headaches. This isn't uncommon for me during the first trimester, but the ones I've had recently have been inferring with my ability to function. I've tried several different things to ease the pain, but nothing has worked for long. I finally went to my chiropractor on Tuesday and got adjusted. My neck was super tight and the adjustment hurt! That is rare for me, but it helped a TON. My neck was sore and my head still hurt that evening, but I haven't had a headache since then. So thankful!

This week has also brought with it fewer gagging episodes than I had been having. Again, so thankful! Typically, my pregnancy symptoms really ease up around 13 to 15 weeks, so I had been hoping that would be the case this time. It seems to be holding true!

My appetite has returned, and I've been having a much easier time eating this week. There are certainly still things that don't sound good at all (like fried food . . . blech), but overall things are so much better in that area. I haven't talked about my weight too much yet, so I'll go ahead and do that now. I did mention in a previous post that I was in the process of losing weight when I found out I was pregnant. When I began losing weight, I was about 20 pounds heavier than my normal (blech . . . I hate writing that!). I had just lost six pounds when I found out I was pregnant, but obviously still had a ways to go. As of this week, I have gained one pound. I'm about the same weight as I was when I got pregnant with Bren, but about 15 pounds heavier than I was at this stage with all the girls.

My regular clothes still fit for now, although I did go ahead and unpack and wash my maternity clothes this week. I actually don't have many maternity clothes because I only kept things that were in great condition. Pretty much all of my long-sleeved or winter things were worn out since all of my other pregnancies have been mostly winter pregnancies. That means that most of what I kept is short-sleeved, and that works out great for me this time! I only have about ten tops, two pairs of shorts, and two pairs of jeans, but I'm hoping to make that work and not have to buy much of anything. We'll see!

As always, I'm extremely grateful for another week of pregnancy!


No comments: