Sunday, May 21, 2017

Pregnancy Update - 14 Weeks!

As of yesterday, I am now 14 weeks pregnant with Seven. I am celebrating another good week of pregnancy, as well as finally being in real time with these pregnancy updates! 

Here is how I look at 14 weeks pregnant:

I don't feel like the belly looks too different than it has for the last several weeks. I'm still wearing regular clothes, and I don't feel like I'm showing quite yet. Chris snapped this pic of me from the front when he was taking my weekly belly pic for me. You can see that the belly is less obvious from this angle!

Many of my pregnancy symptoms have really eased up this past week. I've only had a few gagging episodes all week, so I'm thankful for that, for sure! My appetite is certainly getting better and so is my energy. It has been wonderful to feel like I have some energy again!!! At the beginning of the week, we were in Tennessee for my nephew's high school graduation. We drove back from Tennessee on Tuesday, on Wednesday I went on a field trip with Brianna, and on Thursday and Friday I caught up on unpacking, laundry, and housework. I was tired by the end of the day each day, but I was still functioning okay. I can't tell you how good it felt to be productive and actually do things like mop my floors without feeling like I was about to collapse! 

I had a really severe headache on Tuesday when we were coming home from Tennessee. I pretty much went to bed as soon as we got home because it was hurting so badly. I'm used to having headaches during the first half of pregnancy, but these have been so much worse this time. We also had some severe weather this week, so I wonder if the weather is enhancing my headaches? I've never been pregnant in the springtime before, so that may be why they are so much worse this time. In a moment of desperation, I took to Facebook and asked for recommendations on how to deal with the headaches. I got a lot of conflicting information, but nothing I tried seemed to bring relief. Thankfully, I haven't had a severe headache since Tuesday, although I have had several less painful ones. 

Food cravings have been in full swing this week, and the top thing on the list has been baked or mashed potatoes! I feel like potatoes are the only thing I want to eat, which is interesting because that's not something I've ever craved during pregnancy before. I've also been craving and really enjoying Dr. Pepper. This is strange because I don't generally care for Dr. Pepper at all (I'm a Coke girl when it comes to pop), but it has tasted soooooo yummy recently. I know that Dr. Pepper and potatoes certainly aren't the healthiest thing to be feeding my body, so I'm definitely trying to exercise self control with the cravings. 

As far as weight gain goes, I gained one pound this week, putting my total weight gain at two pounds. I've never been one to gain weight during my first trimester (although I will pack it on later), so this pregnancy is following that same pattern, for sure. 

And finally, we celebrated Mother's Day yesterday since we were out of town for the actual day. My kiddos and hubby got me some really great gifts, including a Snoogle! I am so excited about this! If you don't know what a Snoogle is, it's this really amazing, ridiculously large pregnancy pillow that supports your whole body. 

(This is just a photo I found online . . . it's not me :-)

I got one of these pillows when I was pregnant with B3, and used it all throughout my pregnancy with the twins, as well. It was wonderful! Unfortunately, one of the kids puked on it, and I was never able to get the smell out. It had also gotten kind of flat with all the use, so I ended up getting rid of it. Honestly, had I kept it, I likely would have donated it when we moved anyway. I wasn't planning on buying another one, but the hubs thought I needed it. I'm glad he did! 

This pregnancy feels like it's flying by, and we are so grateful for another good week. We praise God every day for the blessing of this baby!




No comments: