Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Lately and Randoms

Since September is almost over and fall weather is *finally* in the air, I thought I should do a post full of random photos and stories from what we've been up to lately. 

Back in the middle of August, we went to Chris's sister's house for the afternoon to eat and celebrate family birthdays. Chris's parents both have an August birthday, and our nephew Zeke and Chris's sister both have September birthdays. We were celebrating all of them! Our kids love spending time with their cousins!

Brianna, Brecklyn, and Abby

Zeke and Brenson

Zeke has all sorts of super fun "boy" toys like nerf guns, a bow and arrows, and a slingshot. Bren thinks these things are the best ever, and plays with them non-stop every time we're at Zeke's house. 

Papa and Brooke

All the cousins enjoying an ice cream dessert

Brianna and Zeke are fairly close in age and great little buddies.

It was also great to spend some time with Chris's Grandma while we were there. 

Grandma, Chris, and Brooke

Grandma, Chelley, and Brecklyn

Even though the weather is just starting to feel like fall, we have had many evenings in the past month or so that were absolutely beautiful. We've been spending a lot of time outdoors taking walks as a family, riding bikes, or just playing.

One evening, we had just gotten home from a walk, and Brianna grabbed my phone. She took this cute selfie with Brooke, 


then took a pic of Bren with his trimmer, 

and this pic of Bren and Brecklyn. I'm not sure what was about to happen in this photo, haha.

We've also been spending some time playing outside after we pick the big kids up from school. One day, I looked out at the swing set and saw Bren had propped this chair on top of the monkey bars.

I caught him just before he decided to sit in it. Talk about an accident waiting to happen!

Sweet Brooke on the slide

Brooke and Brecklyn on the teetertotter swing

Some evenings - instead of taking a family walk - we've gone fishing in our neighborhood pond. We've had some fishing adventures that have been more successful than others, but we always have a great time. There's truly never a dull moment when you combine four young children with water, fishing poles, and hooks! 

Bren with his fish

The little girls get SO excited when we catch a fish! Just look at Brooke's face, haha! On this particular evening, Brecklyn was the only one of the kids that didn't get to help reel a fish in, and she reminded us of this over and over. She kept saying, "I didn't catch a fish. I didn't!"

Daddy showing Brecklyn and Brooke a fish

Brianna and her fish

Momma and Brooke with the fish Brooke helped reel in

It's been about six weeks since the big kids started school, and I think they've only had two five day weeks. It seems like they're always out of school for something! One Friday when they were out of school, we ventured downtown to go to lunch with Daddy. After lunch, we went up to Daddy's office for a bit, and the kids thought this was the best!

At the end of the first full week of September, I had the rare opportunity to get away and attend a ladies' retreat for three days and two nights. The retreat was about four hours away (driving) waaaay down in southern Oklahoma. Several of us carpooled to the camp where the retreat was being held. I sent Chris this photo because he always teases me about how I love road trip snacks. And it's true . . . I love me some snacks in the car!

My friend, Antha, and I bonded over an ant infestation on our side of the cabin. Eeeeeep!

The four of us that rode down to the retreat together . . . Antha, Lisa, Kristin, and me

Overall, the weekend was excellent. There is something so special about growing and learning with others who have the same desire to grow in God's word as you do. The lessons were deep and had lots of food for thought and growth. And, the singing was amazing!

While I was gone, Daddy was handling things at home. He really got a taste of what it takes to keep everything moving, balanced, and on schedule throughout the day. They all did great without me!

I missed these crazies something fierce!

My little girls and I have gotten into a great routine since the big kids have been in school. I feel like we've really turned a good corner lately, and we're all enjoying the time we have together just the three of us. 



Cuties :-)

About a week ago, Chris was on his way home from an out-of-town work day when he called to tell me his car had broken down on the side of the turnpike. We purchased this car brand-new in 2004 and have put 308,000 miles on it! I've been trying to convince Chris to get a new car for about a year now, but he kept insisting that he wanted to drive his Honda until "the wheels fall off". Well, the wheels didn't exactly fall off, but the engine blew resulting in a loud bang, lots of smoke, and a very dead little car :-). 

A few days after the car died, Chris took the day off work so we could go car shopping. Car shopping is definitely not my favorite thing, and snacks before 10am are a necessity when car shopping with toddler twins!

BUT, we were able to find what we were looking for!

I think Chris is pretty happy with his new ride!

After a full morning of car shopping, we attended our annual school carnival that evening. I had volunteered to work one of the tables for the first hour of the carnival which meant Chris had to keep up with these five all by himself. I think I had been away from them for about one minute when one of the little girls ran up to me. Chris found us about a minute later all panicked because he'd already lost a kid, haha. Aside from that one incident, they did great until I was free to help wrangle children. 

Brianna, Brecklyn, Brooke, Chloe Jo, and Brenson

Our friend, Sadie, also joined us for the fun! It was a bit of a chaotic evening (and so, so LOUD), but we're glad we went and supported our school!

Brecklyn, Brianna, Brenson, Sadie, Chloe Jo, and Brooke

This past Friday, the big kids were out of school (again), so we met up with our LeFlore friends for a fun storytime event and some park play. It's always a good time when our crews get together!

And finally, we have a perfect view of the sunrise from our living room windows, and that's one of the things we absolutely love about our house. It's so amazing to look out every morning to a different spectacular view and just marvel at God's greatness and goodness. What a great way to start the day!

August 23, 2017

September 18, 2017

September 21, 2017



No comments: