Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Faith Force VBS!

Last week, our congregation hosted our annual Vacation Bible School. This was the 12th year we have done this event, and it's been amazing to watch how it has grown from year to year! Just as in years past, Chris was the director and I was a teacher and decorator this year. Our theme was Faith Force: Heroes of Godly Living.

Every year we decorate the auditorium to go along with our theme. Our (and by "our" I mostly mean Lisa and me) vision doesn't always come to life like we want it to, but this year it did! This may have been one of my favorite years so far. 

The hallway also looked great (my classroom door is the one at the end).


I also really liked the bulletin board in the multi-purpose room!

We had several really neat displays.

For the last several years, I've taught the 4, 5, and K class. This is probably my favorite VBS age to teach! These next few photos are of my classroom:



Here's a close-up pic of my door:

Lisa always does really cool things in her classroom, and this year was no different. Look at that accent wall!

Brooke and Brecklyn were in my class for the first time this year! They did amazing all week, and I loved teaching them!

My big kids worked really hard at thinking of friends they could invite to join us for VBS. I was so happy for them because they each had {at least} one friend come with us every night.

Bren and his friend, Zack

Brianna and her friend, Kennedy

Chris doing his thing as the director!

Last year I was really caught off guard when I had more kids in my class than I had prepared for. I was determined to not let that happen again this year, so I made enough material for ten students. I had either 10 or 11 each night! I know it's a good problem to have, but it makes for a stressful few minutes before class starts on the first night when I don't have the materials I need. However, I had a great class of all girls (except for one night we had one little boy), and I am so grateful for the opportunity to teach these little people God's word!

We did a lot of learning, but things were also kind of crazy :-)!

Because of the size of my class, I pushed the table against the wall and we all sat on the floor in a circle (just like last year). I have to do what I have to do! Thankfully, it works out just fine that way.


We also went outside for some of our activities each day which made my pupils very happy!

My class was the largest, but each class was pretty full! It was the best attended VBS I think we've ever had, which is amazing. It's a great feeling to watch something you've really poured in to grow over time, and we praise God for the opportunities He's giving us to teach! 

3rd and 4th grade was also all girls except for Bri's friend, Gavon (not pictured)! The two girls to the left of Brianna are also friends she invited. 

Mom taught 1st and 2nd grade, and had mostly boys!

I'm always excited for VBS, and I'm always excited when it's over, haha. It's a ton of work and it's exhausting, but I'm so glad our congregation does it. The importance of teaching our children cannot be underestimated, and I'm thankful for the opportunity!


No comments: