Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Instagram Dump July - December 2019

This post documents all the photos and life happenings that I posted to Instagram from July through December of 2019. I find that as life has become busier and I have {much} less time to sit down and write on my little ol' blog, Instagram has been a great way for me to quickly record tidbits of our every day life. I love the snapshot these posts are of our day-to-day happenings!




07/01 - Sunshine, sprinklers, kiddie pools, water guns, and magic beads . . . it must be summertime! #summerinoklahoma #outsideplayeveryday #funinthesun #waterplay #lovemylittles

07/02 - Summer reading program - complete! #littlereaders #summerreadingprogram #locallibrary #lovemylittles

07/03 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

07/04 - Happy Independence Day from the Nelsons! 


07/04 - 💖🌭🎆💙🏁

07/07 - 😂

07/10 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

07/11 - We've almost completed our first week of swim lessons, and all four have made great progress so far! I love watching them blossom. #summertime #swimlessons #lifeskills #lovemylittles

07/12 - I have two of the cutest laundry helpers around! #twinbies #fouryearsold #morningchores #mommaslittlehelpers


07/13 - We had quite the experience at the KicKee Pants sample sale. That was a level of shopping insanity I wasn't aware existed until today! #kickeepants #kickeepantssamplesale #diggingfordealz #itwascrazy #butwesurvived


07/15 - Sweet girlies modeling their new aprons . . . time to get cooking! #girlmom #newaprons #kitchenhelpers #sweetgirlies #lovemylittles

07/15

07/17 - Think before you speak. #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

07/18 - We took an informative and fun tour with friends today of a local dairy farm that's been in operation for about 100 years! The heat didn't even slow us down too much 😉.










07/19 - Apparently, jumping on a trampoline is the most efficient way to dry off after playing with friends in the pool! #summerinoklahoma #heatindex110 #stayingcoolinthepool

07/20 - I'm helping my big girl pack for a WEEK away at camp. Parenthood is the definition of bittersweet. #BriannaElisabethJo #churchcamp #mybiggirl #shesbeyondexcited

07/21 - We got Bri dropped off and settled in for a great week! #BriannaElisabethJo #churchcamp #firstovernightcamp #allsmiles😀


07/24 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

07/26 - Someone is "camp tired". 😀💓😘 #BriannaElisabethJo #churchcamp #camptired #gotmygirlback

07/27 - 💓 Kansas City 💓










07/31 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

08/01 - I've often heard that motherhood and age are hard on the brain, but sometimes I still surprise myself with just how absent-minded I've become. Chelley ten years ago would NEVER have believed the struggles of current day Chelley. Y'all, I went in public like this!

08/02 - Throwback to 11 years ago when I went to Africa and got my hair braided. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but my head hurt for three days from the tight braiding and all those lines of exposed scalp got sunburned! Ah, memories! #throwback #africa #travel #braids

08/05 - Brianna had a great time this afternoon helping our favorite fourth grade teacher in her classroom. Maybe an educator in the making?!?

08/06 - We couldn't let summer end without one more visit to the zoo, even though the heat was pretty intense! I'm in denial that all my babies will be headed to school next week 😭. #tulsazoo #lovemylittles #summertimefun #summerinoklahoma #sahm





08/07 - 💓 #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

08/07 - We're doing play dates this week with all our teacher friends and their families before everyone heads back to school! Some time in the pool was just what this hot day needed!


08/09 - Our annual Backyard Back-to-School Bash was a blast! It made my heart happy to have our yard filled with friends and the laughter of lots of little people!




08/13 - Sorting school supplies for four kids today . . . and this isn't even all of them! 😮

08/13 - Teachers have been met, classrooms have been inspected, and school supplies have been delivered. The Nelsons are ready for the first day of school! #BriannaElisabethJo #fantasticfourth #BrensonCharlesJacob #shininginsecond #BrookeElianaMae #BrecklynSarahFaith #perfectlyprek




08/14 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

08/14 - The house is finally quiet tonight, and that's when my brain and thoughts tend to come alive a bit. Tomorrow is the first day of school for my crew, and it took everyone longer than normal to fall asleep. It's safe to say there is a good bit of nervous excitement hovering over our house tonight. 

I'm feeling sappier than usual as I think about all four of my babies going off to school. We had "Meet the Teacher" a few nights ago, and I couldn't help but think about the very first time we set foot in the school building when Brianna was preparing to begin kindergarten. The twins were six months old, and I wore Brooke in a carrier while Chris carried Brecklyn (she hated the carrier). Bren was only three years old, and very apprehensive about his big sister (and constant side kick) going to school. Brianna was her usual confident self . . . so ready to begin a new adventure. We were new to the school scene and had to ask directions to the kindergarten rooms. Unknown to us, we asked the building principal and she personally walked us to Brianna's classroom after introducing herself. We didn't know anyone in the building, and it all felt super foreign to us. (The pics are from the week Brianna started school.) Things have changed SO much since then. We had a great time attending "Meet the Teacher" the other night because we were able to catch up with teachers and friends and other school families. We were hardly able to walk a few steps without stopping to talk to someone we know. It all feels familiar now, and that's a good feeling!

Tomorrow, we are beginning a new chapter - one where I'll have a few hours each day when ALL my kids are in school - and the thought of that is simultaneously exhilarating and heartbreaking, despite all the wonderful feelings of belonging and familiarity. For the past nine years, I've done everything with at least part of my kids in tow. A big piece of me doesn't feel ready for this chapter of my life to be over quite yet, while another piece is ready for new adventures and a new normal. Tonight, I'm feeling alllllll the feels, but gratitude for the journey behind and the journey ahead is at the top of the list. 




08/15 - We got the kids successfully dropped off at school and went on a coffee date. It's a whole new world around here! #morningdate #datingmyhusband #firstdayofschool


08/15 - Our first day of school was a success. The kids were all smiles at drop-off and pick-up! Here's to a great year in fourth, second, and pre-k. #fantasticfourth #shininginsecond #perfectlyprek #firstdayofschool #wesurvived #andbyweimeanme









08/17 - Chris and the Bigs had a great run last night at the Furnace 5K 🔥. They all finished strong, and Bren placed second in his age group! #furnace5k #5krun #tulsaoklahoma #littlerunners



08/19 - These two have had a great first three days in Pre-K! They have been so ready to join the big kids at school, and even all the kiddos crying on the first day didn't dampen their excitement. Brooke (who's always ready for an adventure) came out of the morning assembly on day one leading her class, holding her teacher's hand, and giving momma a thumbs up. Brecklyn (my cautious girl) was pretty subdued and staying close by her sister, but still happy to be there. Since they're only there about three hours a day, we still have plenty of time for playing and we still get lunch together. Today, we took a bike ride, and I just soaked up my precious view 😊. #BrecklynSarahFaith #BrookeElianaMae #twinbies #prefectlyprek

08/20 - The #sunriseonsummittrail did not disappoint today! 

08/20 - So today, I went and got my hair cut . . . ALL BY MYSELF. It's been nearly a decade since I've gone to have my hair cut without my littles in tow. Even my hairdresser commented on how it was weird for me to be there by myself because I've always just taken my kiddos along with me to do everything. Up next - going solo to get my teeth cleaned! The photo is baby Brianna enjoying her very first sucker given to her by Ms. Stephanie after she sat so nicely while I got my hair cut 😊.

08/21 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

08/21 - Isn't this the truth?!? *yawn*

08/25 - A Sunday afternoon with family . . . 😊. #Sunday #dayofrest #cousins

08/27 - It's school picture day for my crew, and I subconsciously coordinated their clothing! I didn't realize until we got to the school that Brooke (who wears one size larger than Brecklyn) was wearing Brecklyn's dress and vice versa. There's nothing like stripping your kids down and switching their dresses in your minivan while parked in the school parking lot to secure your hot-mess mom status! 😂 #lovemylittles #hotmessmom #whatcanisay #itry #schoolpictureday #twinbies

08/27 - The sky is incredible tonight. I'll never get over the view from the hammock on my back porch 😍! #oklahomasky #summerinoklahoma #homesweetoklahoma #lifeinthepsuedocountry

08/28 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

08/29 - Yep 🔥🔥🔥. 😂

08/31

09/02 - We've had a pretty great weekend full of relaxing and spending time with friends! Our fun included swimming and playing on Friday night, rock climbing, enjoying time outside, karaoke, and fishing on Saturday, and a Labor Day party (more swimming), shopping downtown Claremore, and hanging out with family today. We are blessed with good people and positive relationships in our life! #labordayweekend #blessedlife #summerinoklahoma #helloseptember🍁










09/03 - Bren has been learning guitar for a year and a half now. He's learning new things every week, and I love watching his progress! #BrensonCharlesJacob #shininginsecond #guitarplayer #beatlesfan

09/04 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

09/05 - Hello #sunriseonsummittrail 😍. The sunrise is telling me that autumn is on its way!

09/05 - Yes, yes, yes! 💓

09/06 - One of the biggest adjustments about all my kids being in school for a couple hours a day is that I'm home alone for that time. Since having children, I make it a point to sometimes GO places without them . . . a quick errand, to grab a drink, etc. BUT, I'm never HOME by myself. I think I'm finally getting used to all the little noises and weird stuff I can actually hear in our house when the children aren't here 😊. Chris has been out of town all week, so he took today off work and now the two of us are home all alone. It's super weird. I wish I could say we don't know what to do with ourselves, but the to-do list is never ending it seems. 😊 #transitions #soweird #wemissourkids #butgettingjunkdone

09/06 - Ladies retreat here we come!

09/10 - Lunching with the Bigs at school today 💜💙. #BrensonCharlesJacob #shininginsecond #BriannaElisabethJo #fantasticfourth


09/11 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

09/12 - I was a little offended by this note from Brenson until I read the parenthesis. I love this boy's heart! #BrensonCharlesJacob #myboy #mommasboy #Godfirst #priorities

09/13 - 🙎

09/13 - ROCO fair tonight! Highlights included yummy treats, seeing lots of friends, enjoying the animals, an amazing sunset, and watching Bren's guitar teacher perform with his band. #countyfair #familyfun #homesweetoklahoma



09/16 - I finished reading When You Reach Me to the kids tonight. I try to read them a couple chapter books a month (sometimes more, sometimes less depending on our schedule and how much we have going on). There are few books that I read to them that I haven't read already at some point, but this was a new one for all of us.  It was very intriguing, and I couldn't help but read ahead (shhhh, don't them!) We all enjoy this special time together, and I hope it's something they'll cherish as they grow up 💓. #lovemylittles #readaloudeveryday #bookstagram

09/17 - We're picnicking at the lake for lunch today. You can't tell in the photo, but some of the trees have just a hint of color on them. Autumn is coming! #lovemylittles #picnicatthelake #summerinoklahoma #butautumniscoming

09/17- Anyone who's ever listened to our #3 child totally understands . . . 😂.

09/17 - McCrazy night with my crew . . . Chris Nelson left me completely outnumbered!!! #lovemylittles #momminsolo #mcteachernight

09/18 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

09/23 - Sister to sister, Heart to heart, Bonded together, From the start 💜💗
Brooke 💕 Brecklyn

09/25 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

09/26 - Because it's a puddle jumping kind of day! #twinbies #letsgetmuddy #outsideplayeveryday #fouryearsold #fouryearoldmagic

09/30 - I'm so grateful for my big girl. She's a joy, a light, and a wonderful, happy helper when we're scrambling to get out the door in the morning. 💜 #BriannaElisabethJo #servantheart #joyfulhelper #bestbraidsinthefamily

09/27 - Movie night with Ramona & Beezus! #lovemylittles #movienight #thebooksarebetter #butthemovieiscute

09/28 - The kids had a blast riding and petting horses at a birthday party today. Thanks for inviting us to celebrate with you, Stormi and Spencer! #birthdayparty #newexperiences #lovemylittles
 



09/30 - Someday, I won't have to spend 15 minutes each day at bedtime searching the house high and low for Brooke's beloved stuffie friend, Timber. Today is not that day. #BrookeElianaMae #OhTimber #imgonnamissthis #sendoutthesearchparty #shesstilllost

10/01 - Today, Brooke went to school this morning, my parents' house for a quick visit, lunch and playtime at Chick-Fil-A, back to school to pick up the big kids, guitar lessons with Bren, and the library for LEGO Club only to discover she has a fever of almost 102 when we finally got home. She's already cried about missing school tomorrow, and Brecklyn has cried about going to school "by herself". It should be interesting in the morning!

At least we found Timber . . . AGAIN.

#BrookeElianaMae #twinbies #prefectlyprek #OhTimber #sickies

10/02 - Yep. #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

10/05 - Happy birthday, Allena! Thanks for a fun afternoon 😊.

10/05 - I typically cook a made-from-scratch meal at home about 4-5 nights a week. We almost always eat out on Wednesday evenings, and the other evenings we eat something quick like sandwiches or leftovers. Brenson is by far my pickiest eater, so it is often a struggle to get him to eat his food at dinner (even though I make a pretty wide variety of dishes). Tonight was a quick and easy meal night, so Chris tossed a couple super cheap frozen pizzas in the oven (like the really cheap ones . . . we call it "cardboard pizza"). Brenson was so excited about dinner tonight that he exclaimed, "I'm having seconds!" And he did. Sigh. #BrensonCharlesJacob #sevenyearsold #pickyeater #whatcanisay #itry

10/08 - Annnnnd, in today's episode of Where in the World is Timberthy Nelson . . . the white of her ears just barely caught my eye. I'm becoming well trained in Timber spotting! #OhTimber #Brookewillbesohappy #butimdonewiththisgame #itsnotfunanymore

10/09 - Today's view brought to you by the #sunriseonsummittrail 😍

10/09 - So true. #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

10/11 - Tonight, we hosted our church family in our home for our annual Harvest Party. We love connecting and strengthening relationships with the people in our life, and we are grateful for the opportunity to open our home to others. It was a great time with the best s'mores and apple cider around!




10/12 - Last night, we enjoyed a fire with 30 of our friends. Tonight, we're enjoying a fire with just the six of us. #itsfireseason🔥 #autumninoklahoma #backyardliving #bigfamilyfun #welovessmores

10/13 - "Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; Let Your glory be above all the earth." - Psalm 57:11

10/14 - My house always looks like some sort of explosion happened after the weekend (anyone with me?), so I take a few hours on Monday morning to get everything in order again. I love it when our playroom is all clean! #weekendmess #quickcleanup #itdoesnttakelong #becauseeverythinghasaplace


10/15 - Remembering our lil' Nelson babies, along with many others tonight. 💗💙💚💛💜🧡

10/16 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

10/17 - New Hampshire circa 2008 . . . so very beautiful this time of year! 🍁🍂🍁

10/20 - Lake cabin life 🔥! #fallbreak2019 #lakecabin #getaway #autumninoklahoma

10/22 - While I spent the day with a sick little guy, Daddy had a fun day with the little girls on their pumpkin patch field trip and eating lunch with Bri at school! Bren has been very sick for about 4 days, but I was glad he ate most of a piece of toast this morning. AND, I finally saw a little bit of a smile from him today. #fieldtrip #lunchingatschool #sickboy #again





10/23 - It's another sick day for my Bug, but the positives are 1) he's hungry, 2) he's sitting up, and 3) he's interested in doing a little artwork with his sisters! I love watching my little artists. 💓 #littleartists #lovemylittles #sickday #again



10/23 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom #almostmissedit #butdidnt

10/24 - We've had over a week of the sickies around here, and now Bren has pneumonia 😢. If you need me, I'll be over here trying to snuggle the germs away. #BrensonCharlesJacob #sickboy #mybug #mommastired #sickiesbegonealready


10/24 - I know I've shared this before, but it's one of my very favorite photos of my twinbies! When I was a little girl, I always wanted a set of Cabbage Patch Doll Twins! 💜💗 #twinbies #cabbagepatchkids #twincostumes #halloweencostumesfortwins #twingirls #twinmom #twinhalloween

10/25 - *I think I post about Timber almost as much as my actual children*
Me: Brooke, what are you doing to Timber?
Brooke: I'm giving her a breathing treatment. She has "ramonia" and is very sick!
I hope Timber gets well much quicker than Brenson. We're on Day 8 and not seeing much improvement yet 😢. He's grumpy and exhausted. I'm grumpy and exhausted. We need to turn a corner soon. 

10/28 - Back to the doctor today still trying to get my little guy feeling better. His pneumonia is not better but also not worse. Praying the new meds work!

10/29 - Eighteen years of marriage to Chris Nelson summed up in one sentence! 😂😂😂

10/30 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

10/31 - Happy Halloween from Where's Waldo?, Anne with an "E", and two spunky unicorns! #halloween2019 #whereswaldo #anneofgreengables #unicornmagic #twinbies #twingirls #twincostumes

10/31 - After being sick for 13 days, look who went back to school today (reluctantly dressed up for Halloween)!!!!! 👏👏👏

10/31 - Happy last birthday that starts with a "3" to my other half! You are the crazy to my calm, the impulse to my plans, the chaos to my control, the movement to my still, and the passion to my cautious . . . in the best sort of way!We love you and are grateful for you. 💓

10/31 - We always have a great time at Boologah! Bren fell asleep on the way there (he was soooo worn out from school after being so sick), so he missed out on part of the fun. However, he joined in for a little while once he woke up. Sadly, for the first year ever, I missed getting a family pic 😔. 







11/3 - One of my very favorite yearly traditions is visiting the pumpkin patch. Chris and I did this even before we had children, and we always have a wonderful time. During Autumn, I display photos from pumpkin patch visits through the years all around my house because they are always some of my favorites from the year. This year, we missed out on our pumpkin patch visit due to unexpected sickness plaguing our house for most of the month of October (and yet again, we have a sick one), and I have been sooooo very sad about it 😭. To cheer myself up a bit, I threw together a quick little backdrop in our back yard and snapped some Autumn photos. They aren't perfect, but you'd better believe they'll be on display in our house next year 😊. . . including the outtakes which are always the best (swipe to 👀)!







11/4 - Well, that screen is a goner 😢. #sadday #timetomoveon #butihatenewelectronics 😞

11/4 - I feel like I must not be doing life right because all three girls are sick with fevers and aches now. 😭 I've been trying everything to keep them well and have failed. Sigh. However, I'm always amazed at how the wonderful people in our life are here for us through good and not-so-good (I'm reluctant to say "bad" because this is small in the grand scheme). We had friends bring us this delicious meal tonight . . . and this is one of several tasty meals we've been blessed with! I'm SO grateful for the love that is poured on us, and people who know how to love us well. 💓

11/6 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

11/6 - *I'm posting this because I want to remember how fun and funny parenting can be, even when things aren't going the way we wish they would.* Over the past 24 days, I've had a child (or two or three) sick for 22 of those days. All day today, I've felt like I have hit a wall with the constant fevers, coughing, tears, sleeplessness, crankiness, and restlessness. I know there are many people dealing with much bigger and worse things, but I'm definitely feeling frustrated, restless, and fatigued. 
All three girls have been sick the past several days with what the doctor is convinced is the flu, even though they tested negative for it. However, the little girls are doing much better, and we were all set for them to go back to school tomorrow.
Then puke happened. Lots of it. In my bed, just as we were getting ready to go to sleep. So at 10:30pm, I'm changing my sheets and starting a load of laundry, while holding back tears of frustration and the urge to pick a fight with my husband just because I'm exhausted. The child is in the shower (because barf in her hair), and as hubby is bringing me her puke covered clothes, we hear her belting out a cute little song and we both just laugh. 
THEN, I got the bed remade, little miss all clean and into clean clothes, and back in bed to hopefully get some rest. Just as I turn out the light, she says, "Mom, how do you spell cupcake???" 😂 Somehow my frustration is melted away, and I'm just feeling so grateful for the craziness that is motherhood . . . even the parts that involve puke. 💓

11/8 - Happy birthday to one of my favorites! We've truly been through the highs, lows, and everything in between together. I'm so grateful for your friendship, support, and sarcasm in my life. Can you believe I've convinced you to take this many pics with me?!? 😉

11/8 - When you open up the dryer to find a selection of guitar picks . . . #BrensonCharlesJacob #guitarplayer #pickhoarder #sevenyearsold

11/9 - You guys - we are not okay over here. Two more of my babies have been diagnosed with pneumonia, and I'm so frustrated and discouraged. We had them both at the doctor earlier this week to try and prevent this, yet here we are. I often say perspective is a gift, so I'm trying to keep it in perspective. But right now, it's hard. 😢

11/11 - When your friend wants you to know you're missed but also knows your heart, you get a jar of pickled okra as a get well soon gift 😂! She is one happy little lady with her okra. #BriannaElisabethJo #sickgirl #butokramadehersmile #fourthgradefriendshipgoals

11/13 - Be kind. #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

11/14 - My favorite four were all healthy enough to go to school today. We are so grateful! 💜💙💜💗

11/16 - Because life is full of surprises, we're car shopping with the crew in tow. Yay for dealerships that have a playground 😊. #carshoppingwithlittles #carshoppingstinks #carwoes #butthekiddosarehappy

11/18 - The twinbies disguised a turkey as a pre-k project, and they turned out really cute! Brianna did this same project four years ago when she was in Kindergarten, so I had to include her pic, too. Bren also did this project in Kinder, but I couldn't find a pic of him (he always hated pis so it probably wasn't worth the hassle). The twinbies are the same size at four years old that Brianna was at five years old 😊. #BrookeElianaMae #BrecklynSarahFaith #perfectlyprek #BriannaElisabethJo #adventuresinkindergarten #comparisonpics

11/20 - Did you all see the incredible sunrise this morning? The #sunriseonsummittrail is my favorite 😍.

11/20 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

11/22 - It's been a busy and fun Friday! Bren earned his 25 mile running medal for this year, Chris and I helped serve Thanksgiving lunch at school that the kiddos enjoyed with their grandparents and friends, then we went to another local elementary school to help distribute food for families to have over Thanksgiving break. My feet hurt, but my heart is full 💓.






11/23 - Celebrating RyAnn's birthday with a big bonfire on a chilly night. Happy 17th! 🔥🎂🔥 


11/26 - 💓 family 💓

11/27 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

11/28 - The hubs and I were up early putting on the turkey and cooking for our crowd today. Happy Thanksgiving! 

11/28 - Happy Thanksgiving 2019! 🍁🍂🦃🍽🍁

11/29 - One more Thanksgiving today to round out the week! We are grateful for time spent on the homestead today. #thanksgiving2019 #familyhomestead #numberthree



11/30 - The house is all Christamased up. We are ready for you, December! 🎄🎄🎄



12/3 - Don't mind me . . . I'm just over here eating leftovers from Thanksgiving (again). It's the blessing and the curse of hosting the big meal! #thanksgiving2019 #leftovers #hostessperks #akidplatemakesitbetter

12/04 - Be a life-changer! #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

12/5 - We took a little trip down to Honor Heights Park in Muskogee this evening to enjoy the beautiful lights. The weather was perfect, and the kids even got to write and mail letters to Santa. I love the memories we're making! #christmas2019🎄 #honorheightspark #christmasmemories #lovemylittles #magicalmoments








12/7 - Breakfast with the besties made this beautiful day even brighter! (Missing you, Kendall!) #bestiesbreakfast #missingourfourth #beautifulday #decemberinoklahoma

12/7 - Claremore Christmas Parade! 🎄⛄🎄 #claremoreoklahoma #claremorechristmasparade #christmas2019🎄




12/8 - Six years ago (Brianna and Chloe) and today (Brecklyn and Brooke) . . . love all these girls! #comparisonpics #sisterandcousinsquad #christmasdresses

12/8 - The second Sunday in December means our annual Christmas luncheon at church. It's always a fun time, and I'm so grateful for our church family! 

12/9 - Today, the Kindergarteners at my kids' school performed a song, and Brianna got to be their accompanist. It's hard to hear her in the video, but she nailed her part! #BriannaElisabethJo #fantasticfourth #pianoplayer #accompanist


12/11 - #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

12/12 - 💓🎅🎄🎅💓

12/12 - Take a step outside and soak in the incredible sunrise this morning! 😍 #sunriseonsummittrail #myfavorite #Godsartworkinthesky

12/12 - I had so much fun helping 2nd grade make cinnamon salt dough ornaments at school today. Brecklyn even joined us after she was finished with pre-k for the day (Brooke isn't feeling 100%). The ornaments turned out cute and smelled amazing! #schoolfun #shininginsecond #perfectlyprek #smellslikechristmas🎄

12/13 - The Tulsa Botanical Garden never disappoints! The Garden of Lights was just beautiful, and we love sharing evenings like this with framily! #christmas2019🎄 #tulsabotanicgarden #gardenoflights #framily #traditions










12/14 - It was way too quiet in the van, so I turned around to make sure everyone was breathing. I found four little readers, each lost in their own world 🌍. #littlereaders #lovemylittles #readingfamily #readersareleaders #weheartbooks

12/14 - A yummy dinner, hot cocoa, and The Polar Express to round out this good day. #christmas2019🎄 #thepolarexpress #lovemylittles #movienight

12/15 - This weekend we wrote some Christmas cards for teachers and staff at the kids' school. I laughed so much when I saw what Bren wrote in the card for the building principal! She did have to "deal" with him a few times last year, and I guess it made an impact because he hasn't forgotten 😂😂😂. #BrensonCharlesJacob #shininiginsecond #Christmascards #seriousboy #littleoldmanchild

12/16 - Today was Brenson's turn to perform at school, and he played guitar with the second grade class. They did a great job with Feliz Navidad! #BrensonCharlesJacob #shininginsecond #guitarplayer🎸 #christmas2019🎄


12/17 - Enjoying a little Zebra basketball tonight! 🦓🏀🦓

12/18 - Be humble. #wednesdaywordsofwisdom

12/19 - It was class party day for three of four kids. Several years ago, I dreaded class parties because it was so stressful with two babies and a toddler in tow. It's amazing the difference a few years make, and now I *almost* enjoy myself at class parties 😉. I am for sure thankful for the time I get to spend with my littles! #classparties #christmas2019🎄 #perfectlyprek #shininginsecond

12/20 - The twinbies and I helped fourth grade with a snowman craft today, and Brenson participated in an ugly Christmas sweater contest (his sweater turned out so good and I love that it's 3D). Now it's time to enjoy winter break . . . whooo-hooo!!! #christmas2019🎄 #winterbreak #shininginsecond #fantasticfourth


12/21 - Christmas cookie baking crew! 🎄🎅🎄 

12/23 - It's a sad day when the children are sleeping in and you forget to turn off your weekday alarms 🤦. They are OFF now, though!

12/23 - Making Christmas ornaments is one of my favorite traditions with my Littles. This year's ornaments go perfectly with my buffalo check tree in my bedroom 😍! #christmas2019🎄 #traditions #lovemylittles #handcraftedchristmas



12/24 - I didn't get Christmas cards out this year for the first time in probably 15 years. But, we hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Christmas! 

12/24 - And because I know this time of year isn't magical for everyone . . . 

12/27 - Scootering and walking at the lake on this lovely evening. #decemberinoklahoma #outdoorplayeveryday #lovemylittles


12/27 - My final #wednesdaywordsofwisdom for the year . . . on Friday! I missed Wednesday, but I didn't want to miss it altogether because this is too good. Here's to new beginnings!

12/28 - The others are not home, but Brooke and I are in our safe spot listening to the storm and tornado sirens 🌪. Eeeeeep! #decemberinoklahoma #tornadowarning #tornadoalley

12/29 - 2009 vs 2019

2009 - married, pregnant with my first baby, enjoying my career at RSU, active church member and volunteer, could count gray hairs on one hand, loved going to basketball games and spending time with friends, travel made my heart happy, eyebrows too thin

2019 - married, momma of four living children, work at home, active church member and volunteer, waaaaay too many gray hairs to count, love spending time with family and friends,travel is more difficult but worth it, still working on perfecting the eyebrows 😊

12/31 - This year was a good one . . . spending time together as a family, vacationing in Nashville, the twins starting school, and sharing my heart were among some of the many memories we will have of 2019. #2019bestnine #farewell2019 #hello2020





And that's a wrap on another year! 



No comments: